User Tag List

Page 49 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we def need to walk away now - time for Plan B, as per January, where we switch from buying one overpriced player to three very useful VFM signings
    I don’t think we will, what I’m reading is that Ammers are looking for us to make tweaks rather than an outright new offer, but again I guess it depends if City are serious about the player

Of course I agree we should move on, but then I’m biased because I don’t rate him and think fifty would be steep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Rejected due to payment terms. Can you fucking believe it. I would move on, he isn't worth it.
    Sullivan is worse than that cunt Levi
    It hasn’t been rejected but West Ham apparently want the bulk of the 100m up front.

I’d imagine we need to get a fair few off the books this summer to make this work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should tell them to stuff it and if they want the money they do it our way - if Citeh want him then fine, we can sign other players who aren't so overrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we should tell them to stuff it and if they want the money they do it our way - if Citeh want him then fine, we can sign other players who aren't so overrated
    Yep I agree, as much as I think he is a decent player this pursuit is getting ridiculous now. They (West Ham) are stalling now hoping City or another club come in and gazump us.

We have done as much as we can do, we are literally blitzing our transfer record with this bid / potential deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep I agree, as much as I think he is a decent player this pursuit is getting ridiculous now. They (West Ham) are stalling now hoping City or another club come in and gazump us.

We have done as much as we can do, we are literally blitzing our transfer record with this bid / potential deal.
    City have pulled out
    Offer the spammers £50m. Take it or fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have pulled out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have pulled out
    Yeah just seen on the BBC!

Sounds like this one is nearing a conclusion, pretty much done then aside from the structure which we seem to be discussing.

I think this is a BIG statement signing and i rate him, but the pressure on him and us to deliver is going to be immense going into the season. Add to the fact we look to have secured Havertz and are also closing in on Timber, we are spending BIG money now, we have nothing to hide behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/gunnersc0m/statu...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

This is dedicated to a certain poster who has become curiously quiet since he presumably learnt that his whining wasn’t justified by the facts.

I wouldn’t mind I am not minded to defend Arteta or Edu, but I won’t just twist every single incident to support my narrative.

Whatever happens with Rice (hopefully move on and leave them saddled with a player who wants to go) I think too many Arsenal fans love to parrot the media narrative which has been dictated by the selling club.

I’m not encouraged by Timber or Havertz signing but if in two weeks we have them and Rice you can’t argue the club hasn’t moved quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan spending at the top table and the manager and crew getting the signings in before pre-season. Things have changed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens when a club "pulls out" of a transfer negotiation? Do they call up and say they are not making a bid? Bit like going into Asda and informing the manager you won't be buying his beans today? Surely nothing happens? No more contact, no more bidding. And if some sort of announcement of non-intent is made, why? Wouldn't it be better to just say nothing and make things more uncertain for your rivals?
    Für eure Sicherheit