User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Midweek Fixtures (20/21/22/24/25 May).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coventry vs Luton

Hmmm don’t know who I want to win this

Coventry did beat Spurs 3-2 at Wembley in 1987, and then we lost 3-2 to Luton in the league cup final a year later so I would swing towards Coventry

But I remember Coventry and Mick Quinn getting a hat trick against us at Highbury.

Nah actually don’t care, have no beef with either team. My uncle used to support Coventry (I say used to as he’s dead, bit of a prick as well)

I’ll go with the sky blues (just)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither side look great, Luton the better team though, cause problems from set pieces like against Sunderland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luton in front, nice bit of football in fairness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Just because Dortmund shit the bed on the last day doesn’t mean they didn’t put Bayern under relentless pressure
    You’re right. It’s the results that mean they didn’t put Bayern under “relentless” pressure
    W6 D4 L1 in their last 11 games.
    11 points dropped from 33, including losing the head to head with Bayern.
    If you think that’s “relentless pressure” then you’re bloody crackers.

The extent you want to go to to be exculpatory to Arteta is mind blowing to me.
    I didn’t mention Arteta.
    And I don’t know what exculpatory means.
    I’m just calling bullshit on your claim about Dortmund’s “relentless pressure”.
    In the run in they dropped plenty of points. Had either Bayern or Dortmund been In relentless form they’d have won it long before the last day. The truth is neither side covered themselves in glory in the run in. It’s a shame Dortmund shat themselves today, it would have been nice to have a different champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You’re right. It’s the results that mean they didn’t put Bayern under “relentless” pressure
    W6 D4 L1 in their last 11 games.
    11 points dropped from 33, including losing the head to head with Bayern.
    If you think that’s “relentless pressure” then you’re bloody crackers.

I didn’t mention Arteta.
    And I don’t know what exculpatory means.
    I’m just calling bullshit on your claim about Dortmund’s “relentless pressure”.
    In the run in they dropped plenty of points. Had either Bayern or Dortmund been In relentless form they’d have won it long before the last day. The truth is neither side covered themselves in glory in the run in. It’s a shame Dortmund shat themselves today, it would have been nice to have a different champion.
    They won 14 games from 19 and never allowed Bayern to pull away at the top

They took the lead in the Bundesliga three times. They lost only one game post World Cup

They bottled it massively at the end with what seemed like an open goal to win the Bundesliga. We collapsed, had we managed 46 points from our last 19 games we’d have won the title

It’s all about Arteta because this pointless argument started because I was clear I hold him responsible for our collapse. As I said long before April we were where we were despite him not because of him. Would our talented group of players have got over the line if we had a coach that wasn’t a conceited sociopath who knows. I’d like to think we wouldn’t have embarrassed ourselves against West Ham, Southampton, Brighton and Forest
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 27-05-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luton still leading, not a game that will last long in the memory. Luton comfortably better side, but a cursory glance at their fixtures show Luton were leading both games but pegged back by Coventry

And as I say that Coventry equalise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Luton have had three goals chalked off in this match. Near pelanty time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luton win 6-5 on penalties and get back into the top flight for the first time since 1992 where they were relegated in the last season of the first division before it became the premier league.

Kenilworth Road will be a premier league ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luton in the PL.

I mean there’s no way they’re surviving next year but what a story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Luton in the PL.

I mean there’s no way they’re surviving next year but what a story.
    Famous last words but don’t think either of those sides playing tonight looked like premier league teams

Then again sides like that have generally faired better than yo yo teams like Fulham, West Brom, Norwich etc