User Tag List

Page 5 of 321 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, that's what I meant as a curse. Wenger uses it to try and make the big players stay, but it doesn't work due to a lack of team investment/winning trophies, in that way it is like a curse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annoys me he does it everytime. Vermy for me should have been cap'n, although, having said that, he's never fit, so I guess with the rvp situation, I'm struggling to think who else it could have been? We don't seem to have too many leaders these days, yet another issue with arsenal at the moment..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a sad indictment of a player's fitness when he's deemed less reliable than Van Persie.

Vermaelen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he leaves can't blame him, why would any top player want to stay with the stuff that's been happening in the last few years, Wengers spirit and togetherness nonsense and his words about not wanting to kill the youngsters really do make him look like a total fool, his opinion that he can hold onto players he wants when he doesn't buy quality, doesn't address problems in the team and watching helplessly as his team collapse every season is misguided.

I blame Wenger for us not being able to hold onto anyone, he's the guy happy to put finances over success, he's the manager after all if he didn't believe in this policy he could try and do something about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    I'm not sure that's fair, he's one of the few players who has looked to have real quality and I can understand him being frustrated at the summer's transfer activity as are we all.
    fair - Joker -
    Last edited by Japan Shaking All Over; 07-10-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    your hatred of rvp is just fucktarded.

So's your face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicked this from another forum, thought it had some pretty good points

Haven't been on here for a while. Last Sunday was particularly depressing as Spuds played as badly as they have all season and we still didn't give them a game at all. Bit of possession in midfield but we're all long enough enough in tooth not to be swayed by possession stats. But that will have been debated to death on here. What I wanted to talk about is RVP. Without doubt the best player in the team, the only world class talent (I'd probably put Verm and Sagna in there at a push), and our only goal threat. HOWEVER his contract's up when he's 30, and he'll be asking for a wage comparable to that that City would offer. Is he worth that as a 30 year old with a more-than-checkered injury record? I would also argue that he is far from the number 9 lone striker that Wenger plays him in. With Cesc and Nasri's departure, the quality he feeds off is greatly reduced, and there's no guarantee we'll be able to reproduce the quality Cesc provided him even if we did splurge a load of cash over the next 12 months. Obviously if money were no object, you'd give him whatever he wants and buy 'a Cesc' to provide the ammunition, but that clearly isn't an option. I think RVP has looked a little lost at times this year, largely to the incompotence of our midfield. But with his noises he made this week, and the fact that in my opinion Wenger will continue to play him slightly out of position, I would probably advise against a longish term £150k a week contract for a injury prone 30 year old. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.Sensible comments welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could accept the loss of any player especially one that doesnt want to stay a la Nasbo, but I have not confidence in Wengers ability to replace the quality lost.

I would not like us to lose RvP if we think that 10 mil would be what it takes to replace him, however Kenny I hear what you are saying thay only Citeh can pay stupid money to a 30 year old, I dont think we have to go to such extremes to keep Robin but we will need to pay more and surround him with some talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think RVP is as good as gone. Arsene won't buy the quality required to keep our remaining top class players at the club & he certainly won't fight to keep RVP here by offering him a bumper contract IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised that RvP seems to have survived international duty without one of his legs becoming detached from the rest of his body, must be a sign