User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree with others that say Everton are the best team we have faced this season maybe with the exception of Dortmund.

I felt we were dominated for the first half an hour or so, Everton seem to have our number and controlled the midfield, we did improve and the last 10 mins of the first half and a majority of the second half we were marginally the better team.

There were a lot of poor performances out there yesterday, especially in Central Midfield where I felt Ramsey & Arteta got dominated for large parts of the game, Santi was also very poor, he offered next to nothing offensively.

More worringly was our lack of pace in the offensive areas and due to Everton's pressing game we looked sloppy and slow offensively, we pretty much resorted to tippy tappy.

Overall a point wasn't bad given the performance but...we are now under pressure to win one of the Citeh or Chelski games, whilst big games don't determine our fate for whether we will be champions we really need to win one of the big games because it's been a long time coming.
    I noticed on Wednesday against Hull that we were overplaying and going into tippy tappy mode. That was a comfortable game and Hull wasn’t threatening. But it annoyed me to see silly attempts at flicks and one touch balls when we’re failing to even do the basics. Attempting to run before we can crawl I guess. Worst culprits are Giroud and Cazorla at the moment. Playing one to many passes or trying to be too intricate when there is time a space to go for a shot or the better option is to wait and hold up play as space opens up. It’s great when it comes off but there is also a time to be direct and test the keeper.

I think we really need a better striker. Someone that can create space for themselves and get goals as well as set up play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Lev probably meant unstoppable shot rather than goal - obviously any goal can be prevented if you go far enough back in the build up...
    yeah thats what i meant mate. The shot was too powerfull and direct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I noticed on Wednesday against Hull that we were overplaying and going into tippy tappy mode. That was a comfortable game and Hull wasn’t threatening. But it annoyed me to see silly attempts at flicks and one touch balls when we’re failing to even do the basics. Attempting to run before we can crawl I guess. Worst culprits are Giroud and Cazorla at the moment. Playing one to many passes or trying to be too intricate when there is time a space to go for a shot or the better option is to wait and hold up play as space opens up. It’s great when it comes off but there is also a time to be direct and test the keeper.

I think we really need a better striker. Someone that can create space for themselves and get goals as well as set up play.
    Yep I agree.

I like Giroud, I think he offers this team a lot...but...if we harbour ambitions to be the number one team in England and eventually in Europe then our Centre forward spots need upgrading asap. Giroud would make a very nice second choice striker/squad option, we would hard pushed to find anyone better anywhere IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Cazorla has looked poor for most of this season - he needs to be dropped. We have so much competition in midfield that we don't need to be playing players who are not performing.

How come Gnabry doesn't feature anymore? We seem to lack pace on the wings and he played pretty well there. This team really needs a fit and on form Walcott - he could really be the difference to us winning the league or not. He was our top scorer last season and always gets lots of assists.

Like others have already mentioned; I'm not going to lose any sleep over drawing with Everton. They played well and we're not going to win them all. Our rivals all fucked up this weekend so it wasn't a bad point tbh. I had a feeling we'd drop points before the game.
    Tbf I'm worried that Cazorla could turn out to be the next Arshavin. He looked good last year in a lightweight midfield lacking quality. We needed a revitalised Rosicky to come in at the end of the season & drag us over the line. This year we have Rambo,Ozil, Flamster, Arteta with Jack gracing us with the odd bit of magic & all of a sudden he doesn't look so good. His final ball is often poor & so is he's shooting. I'd drop him & let Theo have a go at coming in off the left with a view to moving up alongside Giroud if neccessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard on the radio when we went up and thought that's it, 3 points in bag! However didn't hear Everton draw level so bit gutted when I saw the result. However on reflection a point against them is one more than we had before kick off so I won't grumble too much. Especially as the centre of our defence looks very solid with even Hansen saying good things about BFG and Kos.
    There is no reason why we can't go into the next games on a high

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't unstoppable. A good strike but he showed him too much of the goal. He had a shaky game. Monreal has looked very good recently and thought he'd get to keep his place.
    And it was offside, but we had one of the most overrated refs in the league in charge so he didn't spot it. Great finish by the Spanish bloke though. Apparently Wenger has been after him since his mum pushed him out, so why is he on load at Everton I wonder?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old Giroud - one draw and we want him out. He's been immense this season and with an ounce of luck would have won the game with the last kick and been carried off shoulder high. Fine margins. We'll struggle to get anyone who can do what he does overall for the team, especially in the January window. I doubt Wenger will buy anyone who is cup tied, in fact I doubt he'll buy anyone at all, maybe he'll pick up a load deal or something. I don't think Everton were the best team we have played - Dortmund looked a lot more dangerous. I think we were careless, gave them much too much space and time. If we'd have pressed them like we have pressed teams in other games they wouldn't have had so much control. I have a feeling the tactics called for a low energy game with an eye on upcoming fixtures. It didn't pay off. Really we should have had it won by half time, two great chances. Again, fine margins.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Poor old Giroud - one draw and we want him out. He's been immense this season
    Has he really? Hes been alright like but you guys cant keep saying people like Ozil and Wilshere are this, that and the third and then be suprised that a striker gets a few goals.

And it is a few goals. Bar those two gifts against Southampton, his late goal against Palace is his only league goal since September 14. So he scored in the first 4 games and thats his lot since.

And Ozil saved his bum by finishing after he made an utter cock-up of that chance. Bendtner would have fancied that chance.

Girouds run his race for the season. Hes done. A new striker couldnt come quickly enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Has he really? Hes been alright like but you guys cant keep saying people like Ozil and Wilshere are this, that and the third and then be suprised that a striker gets a few goals.

And it is a few goals. Bar those two gifts against Southampton, his late goal against Palace is his only league goal since September 14. So he scored in the first 4 games and thats his lot since.

And Ozil saved his bum by finishing after he made an utter cock-up of that chance. Bendtner would have fancied that chance.

Girouds run his race for the season. Hes done. A new striker couldnt come quickly enough.
    He was fouled in the goal attempt yesterday. If Ozil hadnt scored, that was a red card to the defender. Doubt the ref saw it though.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giroud has been superb. Anyone with eyes that work can see that.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.