User Tag List

View Poll Results: How did you vote in the UK EU Referendum?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

10 71.43%
  • Leave

4 28.57%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: EU Referndum Exit Poll

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    More likely the BNP, or like NQ said not at all.
    BNP are basically non existent these days with barely enough members to fill a living room. All the racists who used to support them have moved over to UKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not strictly true, Australia do it do they not? If you're not part of the EU you can decide how many people come in and they EU can't tell you otherwise. I've got no problem with people coming in incidentally but it is a good idea to be able to control this according to a countries resources.

Right now if in the EU any person who comes from a country that is part of the EU can move to any country in the EU, thing is new countries are joining the EU all the time and naturally people want to go to the more affluent countries so the problem is compounded further.

That's just pure speculation, you've clearly bought into the media BS, there's no conclusive proof either way, only hearsay.
    Massive false equivalency. Australia don't have a massive big fucking tunnel connecting them to mainland Asia with goods and products constantly flowing through it to sustain their economy. We do. It's a lot harder for us to stop it than the Aussies.

And I'm not arguing we should let these people in; personally I'm of the opinion that immigration needs to be controlled and we're nearly full as it is. My point is that is that the refugee/Calais situation has absolutely zero fucking to do with the EU and shouldn't factor into the debate at all.

Pure speculation.

All the leading economists and people with insight & expertise in these matters have said it's going to happen. It's not rocket science either and you don't need to be an expert to figure it out; companies like Nissan which employing thousands of people in the North East in good paying manufacturing jobs aren't going to stick around if they can't then sell the cars they produce easily to Europe. Likewise, capital will flow out and people aren't going to invest in the UK if they feel we're not going to be globally competitive.

Heck even the Boris and most of the leave side have accepted that there will be recession in the short term at least, they just believe that things will work out better long term. Obviously they being rather well off, are perfectly content to take that gamble. It doesn't affect them and fuck the poor people that will be laid off and the youngsters who'll struggle to find a job as companies leave the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    One of the better argued Remain opinions I have heard. That would be something tremendously positive to come from what was otherwise farce, if ALL Europeans take a good hard look at this EU and figure for themselves, what it is, who it is, what their agenda is. And another thing, surely many people will have noticed just how shallow and unimpressive their "leaders" and celebrities and "experts" are? I hope that impression sticks too.
    The overriding impression I've been left with from our leaders is that they think we're stupid, and gullible. And, to be fair, they're probably right.

I'm not sure I'm really crossing my fingers for either side - I just didn't feel like I could vote any way other than Remain while I was still undecided: stay, and there might be another chance to leave at some point in the future; leave and I think that's it - there's no going back. I'm not ready to make that call yet, and this buys me some time.

I'll say this though: if Remain do win, then I'm kind of hoping that it's by a narrow margin - so narrow that it puts the fear of God up the EU, and makes them realise that they have to start really paying attention to people's concerns. An alternative is out there now - it may not have made the best case for itself this time around, but it'll be fixed in people's minds all the same. Win or lose, I think the EU comes out of this looking shadowy, bloated and meddling, and it's going to become the easiest thing in the world for a lot of people to lay the blame for every perceived injustice and shitty thing that's ever happened to them squarely at their feet.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 23-06-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EU Referndum Exit Poll

I voted this morning.

There are a lot of things wrong with the EU, but in my view, none of what was really wrong and what needed to be done about it was really touched upon because the arguments would be too complex and boring to articulate. So both sides just played to people's fears and prejudices.

There are many positives and negatives regardless of the decision that is finally made. While it is a binary choice, the arguments should not have been reduced to binary positions.

Bearing in mind the overall effect on me, my family and in particular my sons future, I've voted Remain.

But I don't think this is all over, whatever the result, there are many challenges ahead. If this campaign was anything to go by, I don't see those challenges being dealt with effectively.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On first principles the case for leave seems overwhelming, anything that concentrates power in the hands of a few is not a god thing. And would exit be a step towards creating the chaos out of which would flow anarchist order – unfortunately not. The plebiscite is too busy getting angry at birds to worry about a society where ethical capital is evenly distributed.
    So the pragmatically moral answer is to remain but, on balance. The economic arguments either way are pure hokum, and the immigration question is a smokescreen for inadequate social welfare and housing policy since the mid-seventies. So we are better off in, in terms of worker and consumer rights, and environmentally the EU makes the world a better place – albeit they could do more. So I’m remain – but haven’t taken my eye off the ball of what’s really needed, affordable housing, equitable taxation and saving the NHS.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going out to vote when I've had my tea. Having one last first proper read through of it all now.

As much as I've been leaning 'Leave', I don't particularly have much faith in those whose job it would be to shape the country should we actually come out. Nor do I think there is any plan whatsoever. And if there is they did a piss poor job of articulating it. On the other hand, I'm not listening to what Richard Branson or David Beckham thinks either. And nor do I take much notice of the "economic experts" predicting the end of the days, because frankly, they're making it up just as much as Boris and Co. Which is another point, on anything thing I'd likely find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum to the likes of Boris, Gove or Priti Patel. Don't know if I could bring myself to share a bed with them on this. Though I suppose I could say the same about Osborne et al.

Either way, I think it'll actually be a fairly comfortable 'Remain'. Not massive, but something like 55/45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just back from the polling station. The weather tried to make it as difficult as possible to travel anywhere in London today.

Voted remain. You can't trust these guys to negotiate better trade deals if we leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    Going out to vote when I've had my tea. Having one last first proper read through of it all now.

As much as I've been leaning 'Leave', I don't particularly have much faith in those whose job it would be to shape the country should we actually come out. Nor do I think there is any plan whatsoever. And if there is they did a piss poor job of articulating it. On the other hand, I'm not listening to what Richard Branson or David Beckham thinks either. And nor do I take much notice of the "economic experts" predicting the end of the days, because frankly, they're making it up just as much as Boris and Co. Which is another point, on anything thing I'd likely find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum to the likes of Boris, Gove or Priti Patel. Don't know if I could bring myself to share a bed with them on this. Though I suppose I could say the same about Osborne et al.

Either way, I think it'll actually be a fairly comfortable 'Remain'. Not massive, but something like 55/45.
    The whole plan thing and the leadership thing is entirely irrelevant. That's the sad part about this campaign, the misdirection. Corporations decide national policy. Possibly Cromwell was the last to see a different arrangement. Even then, I'm not sure. I'm afraid you have made your decision on a raft of false pretences. I don't doubt your integrity but I can assure you, the people you voted for have no bearing on what that vote will amount to.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Just back from the polling station. The weather tried to make it as difficult as possible to travel anywhere in London today.

Voted remain. You can't trust these guys to negotiate better trade deals if we leave.
    Similarly, you have voted without being in possession of any relevant facts. You'll view me as an arrogant prick for saying so, that's more than fair considering we really don't have time (not in 4 months at least) to uncover the reality. But despite your vote, I urge you to look deeper into the EU and try to get a map of what it is, what it's agenda is and who runs it. It's no point me spouting off names and addresses, you wouldn't believe me anyway. But with a bit of digging you could come to the same conclusions. It's really not too onerous, I suppose. Took me about 20 years I would say.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I voted this morning.

There are a lot of things wrong with the EU, but in my view, none of what was really wrong and what needed to be done about it was really touched upon because the arguments would be too complex and boring to articulate. So both sides just played to people's fears and prejudices.

There are many positives and negatives regardless of the decision that is finally made. While it is a binary choice, the arguments should not have been reduced to binary positions.

Bearing in mind the overall effect on me, my family and in particular my sons future, I've voted Remain.

But I don't think this is all over, whatever the result, there are many challenges ahead. If this campaign was anything to go by, I don't see those challenges being dealt with effectively.
    Similarly, you allowed fear and an acceptance of authority to dictate to your own personal character and responsibility. Rather shitty of me to say so, but there can be no other explanation for it because the facts are very clear to those who choose to look. You are one of millions, just like the other side voted for no good reason. Good theatre, but nothing more. Not one person on this forum reached a conclusion that landed within 1,000 miles of the vicinity of what's at stake, and you are all good guys and pretty intelligent men. That makes me feel sad.

Maybe, Hump. He sort of touched on it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, if I wasn't such a selfish bastard I'd have voted remain too. Just for the record. I'm as afraid as the rest of you. It's scary to be up against the corporate machine. They can mow you down without blinking, and funnily enough have threatened to do as much if you exercise liberty in a fashion that is incompatible with tyranny. Even my own kids say, shut up dad. But I won't. One person at least has to speak up for reality, or else it will cease to exist.
    Für eure Sicherheit