User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Aston Villa (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    You have a point though. However I wouldn't swap this defensively astute, if a little mechanical Arsenal, for the one who could create 20 chances a game only to see it all undermined by some rancid defending.
    True, but wouldn't hurt to see some expansive football like we saw against Spurs from time to time either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not true, when the performance is enjoyable like the FA Cup against Spurs I do, sh*t performances like this though don't particularly excite me.
    Apart from in 92/93 when they were thoroughly enjoyable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Apart from in 92/93 when they were thoroughly enjoyable?
    Yeah apart from that.

The difference with that is the excitement came from the comebacks, late goals and the fact they were knockout games. This is the league which is played over an entire 38 game season, so each game doesn't mean the same, the only games I can liken to cup games are the games against the top sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancelotti's summary of Ozil appears to be very close to the mark - Lazy etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Ancelotti's summary of Ozil appears to be very close to the mark - Lazy etc
    You have to offset that against the fact Ancelotti is a cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread rapists have turned this place into a real shithole. Glancing through, the match thread was embarrassing.

Defence held strong as usual, although they didn't have much to do for 70 mins. Flamini and Wilshere did well in the centre. The mistake was not scoring more; we had a few chances - Giroud in particular could've done better on a a couple of occasions (I'm thinking from Sagna's crosses early on). He scored a cracking goal though. Ozil was drifting in and out of the game. Cazorla a bit sloppy today, could've been a game for Podolski on the left.

As is typical of us now, we just tried to keep the lead in the second half. Villa didn't look like scoring at all until we allowed them to get their tails up. Mertesacker's reaction to Cazorla summed it up. These days we're looking to show off how tight we keep things in defence and that was a needless one. Overall, no harm done and job done.

But yes, ultimately we're just really shit. Wahhh wahhhhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    The thread rapists have turned this place into a real shithole.
    Name names you fanny
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fks sake - lay off Zimm. Anyone who has been on here a while should know that he's a perfectionist, not anti Arsenal.

The game - good win against a team that would have been more optimistic than most about playing us at home.

We weren't at our best, and if I had one criticism it was that after going 2 up in a short space of time we got a bit complacent/cocky.

But Villa's goal was down to an individual error - it happens. And like at Newcastle we defended well when it mattered - against a team that played like it was their cup final after they'd scored.

IMHO we deserved this win more than Citeh did on the weekend with Newcastle's inexplicably denied equaliser. That's good enough for me.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread rapists

What a queen.