Page 504 of 956 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    He said he would if it was the right player, not just for the same of spending that much.
    Whether he's able to...I dunno. I thought our financials were OK but Wenger clearly can't think our squad is good enough. The idea that someone as good as he clearly is not being able to see which every single fan can see is ludicrous. Something else is going on IMO.
    Is it ludicrous though?

We've known our problems for a long time, yet he's never really addressed them adequately, he's always gone for unknown option which in recent years has gone badly. We need some height to deal with high balls and yet he signs players who are short in relative terms, we need leadership and yet he totally avoids signing players with leadership skills, we need some power and more of a physical presence and yet he signs small technical players all the time.

Seems to me he's on a crusade to prove others wrong and won't do what is logical and what others say because he doesn't want to admit it's not worked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    The lengths you go to defend this guy.
    I've said he should have been sacked last season.

</discussion>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said he should have been sacked last season.

</discussion>
    In passing perhaps, but most of the stuff you says totally contradicts this.

If you truly believed it you wouldn't try and deflect the attention off him so much, if he should have been sacked it's because he's not doing a good job end of, if he's not then signing the wrong players is part of that.

He's wasted a lot of money on kids and unknows, money he could have spent on quality players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In passing perhaps
    No, said it lots of times and I'm still saying it.
    If you're going to tell me I don't really mean it and that you know better than me what I think then there's no point in talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, said it lots of times and I'm still saying it.
    If you're going to tell me I don't really mean it and that you know better than me what I think then there's not point in talking.
    Well that doesn't make a lot of sense, you want him sacked yet you defend him at almost every opportunity.

You don't really defend a manager you want sacked...for the simple reason that the fact you want him out by definition means you think he's doing a bad job and is to blame for the troubles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that doesn't make a lot of sense, you want him sacked yet you defend him at almost every opportunity.
    I'll defend him when I think people are being far too disrespecful about a man who has transformed this club and we've done things under him I never thought I'd see my club do. I'll always have respect for him and am grateful to him for the good times. The side of the early noughties were one of the best club sides I've seen.

He should have been sacked for the collapse last season and it's sad how he's tainting his legacy. That doesn't mean I think he's the stupidest person in the world and that everything he does is wrong and he should be hammered for everything. So yes, I can defend someone who I think should have been sacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

There is a middle ground.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Willian wants to come to us as well.

I make that Willian, Hazard, Moussa Sow, Cahill, Mertseckar, Zarate....buy some of them at least! Although I can't see Hazard or Willian coming as we have an abundance of wingers now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what we saw the other night v.Udinese has shown all our weaknesses.

- Lack of a great CB to play alongside Vermalen. AW says he has four, but Squillaci is not up to it and Djourou and Kos aren't world class defenders. yes, he has 4, but most of them are bad.

- Lack of a deputy LB, and that surprises me as we all know Gibbs is injury-prone.

- Lack of leadership in midfiled. Even someone like Parker would be welcome.

- Lack of a reliable striker in case RVP gets injuried. Chamakh is nauseating. Campbell too young.

ATM we are a team which could end up between 7th and 10th.