Page 51 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd be happy to sell Partey, though ideally for Caicedo

Partey has become less reliable, he may have been able to get out onto the pitch most of the time but i'm not convinced he was 100% some of the time, plus he started fucking up on a regular basis, by the end of the season i was heavily in favour of Jorginho starting over him, though partly because Jorg played very well

Don’t disagree….my issue is more that Rice seems to be his replacement and I think that’s a downgrade on Partey as he can’t play through the press. Caicedo would definitely have been an upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Don’t disagree….my issue is more that Rice seems to be his replacement and I think that’s a downgrade on Partey as he can’t play through the press. Caicedo would definitely have been an upgrade
    If Rice is Partey's replacement and Havertz Xhaka's replacement then we will most definitely adjust our tactics, they are not like for like replacements. We will still press high but in a different way I assume. For all the flak we give Xhaka, he did contribute defensively last season, I can't see Havertz doing that at all or not the same as Xhaka so that will mean the team has to adjust somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy to sell Partey, though ideally for Caicedo

Partey has become less reliable, he may have been able to get out onto the pitch most of the time but i'm not convinced he was 100% some of the time, plus he started fucking up on a regular basis, by the end of the season i was heavily in favour of Jorginho starting over him, though partly because Jorg played very well
    I think this narrative of Partey fuckin up on a regular basis is pretty baseless, man. Which games was he shit in? He made the mistake against West Ham but the was followed up by typical Gabriel rashness and an unmerited penalty. He was woeful against Man City, but he wasn't close to being the worst arsenal player on the pitch. When else was he so poor? He did seem to become a bit of a lightening rod, which never made sense to me.

Jorginho is a reliable water carrier/ball mover. No more than that, for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rice is more overpriced than an iPhone. Ridiculous amount to pay for an overhyped Jordan Henderson IMO. Rather we have gone for Caceido..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz confirmed, that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deal agreed for Rice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy money and Arsenal are fools to pay that much.

The world has gone mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Rice is more overpriced than an iPhone. Ridiculous amount to pay for an overhyped Jordan Henderson IMO. Rather we have gone for Caceido..
    Totally agree on all counts, including the iPhone bit - same goes for anything sold by Crapple, it's sad to see so many losers paying through the nose to try to make themselves trendy, it's pathetic really
    Last edited by Mac76; 28-06-2023 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree on all counts, including the iPhone bit - same goes for anything sold by Crapple, it's sad to see so many losers paying through the nose to try to make themselves trendy, it's pathetic really
    I’ve had an iPhone of one description or another for almost 15 years, couldn’t give a fuck about trendy I just find it functional

That and I enjoy that the metal comes from conflict mines and child labour