Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 7078

Thread: Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergkampwonderland10 View Post
    Perhaps he'd be expensive...but still he'd be a great purchase...
    Do we count as an 'ambitious' club still? Link http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...b-7836310.html
    I just think we'd spend too much time haggling for it to happen, we'd never pay a record price for someone like Fellaini and I think we would probably have to.I like him, he is a pure scrote, just like Tiote - although I do wonder if teams really need them. Granted, nearly every team does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screech is much better than Tiote though. He's also huge and could double up as a striker. And a defender.

Do not forget we have also Feillaini who can play there.

Sounds good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergkampwonderland10 View Post
    Could also bid for Tiote...we just got €20m for Song and €29m for Van Persie...think we could get a couple of decent players in...
    "We've also got to think of financial implications, you know. And we got chamakh and scezney who can all play there"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Sahin completes our business for Midfield....I'm not entirely sure I'm that comfortable with a midfield full of Technical players but maybe Arsene sees Sahin as an upgraded version of Flamini which Jack basically is anyway.

We might bring in one more body for defence, presumably a project or an experienced head who is happy to sit on the bench and babysit the Carling Cup team. M'Vila I think is off the radar, he'll go to either the Spuds or Zenit.
    Last edited by selassie; 20-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I think Sahin completes our business for Midfield....I'm not entirely sure I'm that comfortable with a midfield full of Technical players but maybe Arsene sees Sahin as an upgraded version of Flamini which Jack basically is anyway.

We might bring in one more body for defence, presumably a project or an experienced head who is happy to sit on the bench and baby the Carling Cup team. M'Vila I think is off the radar, he'll go to either the Spuds or Zenit.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Though has AW ever told the truth?

You watch. We'll sign a fuckin striker tomorrow.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be very pleased if we get Sahin, as above doesn't seem to be much defensive strength in there, but maybe Sahin can adapt? If he turns out good I hope we can sign him permanently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Arteta is going to be our new muscle man. He goes in hard with tackles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to imagine Arteta as our midfield enforcer, he's always been a creative player or certainly was for Everton. Out of the current group I guess he's probably our best defensive option.

Interesting that AW is considering a defender as well, are we looking at a utility player or full back (can't be a CB surely)?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I agree regarding Arteta, i dont understand wengers refusal to just play players where they are at their best and i dont think that Arteta is a natural DM. A defender is needed for sure, Vertonghen(sp) would have been ideal, cb and could cover lb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SayNoMore View Post
    ^^ I agree regarding Arteta, i dont understand wengers refusal to just play players where they are at their best and i dont think that Arteta is a natural DM. A defender is needed for sure, Vertonghen(sp) would have been ideal, cb and could cover lb.
    To be fair our scouts need to be doing a bit better in my opinion...Newcastle were tipped off by none other than Steve Mclaren regarding Tiote...and they'v managed to sign him for 4million, Santon 3 million, Ben Arfa for 6million, Cisse, 7million, Ba free, Cabaye 6million, Krul 1million, ....pretty much all for less than the price of 1 Andy Caroll...Our scouts need to do better!!!!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma