User Tag List

Page 53 of 128 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You do know I already believed you when you’ve said that you don’t watch Arsenal much

Tbh, I never thought Partey was all that special but tbh I don't watch Arsenal much either and his stats are fairly impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Tbh, I never thought Partey was all that special but tbh I don't watch Arsenal much either and his stats are fairly impressive.
    The response was to NQ calling him the shittest player he’s seen at Arsenal in some time.

Partey was for me good for about 75% of the season last season then went off the boil after going away with Ghana for what I think was ACN qualifiers

Definitely one of the better central midfielders we’ve had in some considerable time (although his first season was injury ravaged and second season indifferent form)

He can be sloppy in possession but he can also completely dominate the middle of the park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

stats don't tell the full story, there's no substitute for watching the games (i mean live by the way) to really be able to see what's going on and how well someone is playing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The response was to NQ calling him the shittest player he’s seen at Arsenal in some time.
    Well sure. NQ's gotta NQ. Ridiculous hyperbole is kinda his thing.

And agreed, Mac. You see more when you're at the game, doubt I'll get back in to going regularly any time soon. Maybe if the boy shows an interest when he's older.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meanwhile Spuds have signed Maddison for £40m

a good price for a player who still has a lot to offer, of course he's doomed never to win anything but that's his problem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

a good price for a player who still has a lot to offer, of course he's doomed never to win anything but that's his problem...

I think Spurs is about his level. Given the hideous inflation in the game 40 million isn’t too bad but I suppose having to take into consideration that Leicester don’t have the power to ask for any more because they were relegated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting stat come across on Twitter. Kai Havertz now the 14th player who will have played for both Arsenal and Chelsea in the premier league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Spuds have got a bargain there tbh.
    Let's hope they turn him into shit like many others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well will agree to disagree on rating him as a coach or thinking he’s done a good job on the rebuild

But as I say you’d certainly hope Kroenke is expecting something back, the money we are spending and uncertainty over Guardiola’s long term future means we really should aim to win the title in the next two-three seasons (especially as the Arab oil money will see to it that no will get near Man City, United and Newcastle after that)
    Agreed to disagree! Otherwise we will be going back and forth for hours

Yeah I agree regarding us aiming to win the title in the next two-three seasons. It will be difficult, but that should be the number one priority, especially given what happened last season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Agreed to disagree! Otherwise we will be going back and forth for hours.
    That’s pretty much all that’s keeping this place going