User Tag List

Page 55 of 128 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unrelated to Transfers but i think the Emirates needs to be touched up, it’s looking a bit dated and it’s less than twenty years old. First off there needs to be a proper Wi-Fi connection installed, the seats need replacing and the tv screens need an upgrade to I hate to say it what Spurs have at their ground. There’s enough time between now and the start of the season in August to get this done…for fans who go to games it’s the least the club can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Unrelated to Transfers but i think the Emirates needs to be touched up, it’s looking a bit dated and it’s less than twenty years old. First off there needs to be a proper Wi-Fi connection installed, the seats need replacing and the tv screens need an upgrade to I hate to say it what Spurs have at their ground. There’s enough time between now and the start of the season in August to get this done…for fans who go to games it’s the least the club can do.
    You've not noticed the complete refurbishment of the outside with a whole bunch of specially-commissioned new murals then? or indeed adding some extra touches inside on the concourses...?

But I agree on wifi, I.ve made that point to the club myself, there ought to be a club wifi or better mobile connectivity, at least for ST holders

nothing wrong with the seats though, they're still better than most stadiums

Personally would never set foot inside the Toilet Bowl but they can shove their seats up their arses IMO, but your own familiarity with that place seems to indicate 21Gooner was correct to call you a Spuds fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    fair dos, i'd missed that Saliba had definitely signed

but Xhaka being an arsehole on the pitch is exactly my point, he gets away with it because he's a teachers pet

Think about the harsh words Arteta had for Pepe the one time he was sent off, whereas with the multiple times Xhaka got sent off Arteta just brushed it off - it's favouritism pure and simple

And I've heard nothing about any insubordination from Ram at all
    I never really liked or rated Guendozi, but it seemed the whole world did and I was pretty shocked how fast that situation degenerated, after really only what, one public display of unprofessionalism.

I'm with you on this, I do think he is inconsistent with how he deals with players drama (a given when you are managing human beings), especially when you are coming from having a level headed AW for such a long time that was able to manage all manners of egos in the team until of course they wanted to eff off and actually win something or double their wages. I mean can you imagine how Arteta would have managed Adebayor....thinking about it is even making me laugh while I'm typing.

Age and being sacked a few times will probably improve his people skills ...but unfortunately we probably won't see a fast enough development on that while he's with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You've not noticed the complete refurbishment of the outside with a whole bunch of specially-commissioned new murals then? or indeed adding some extra touches inside on the concourses...?

But I agree on wifi, I.ve made that point to the club myself, there ought to be a club wifi or better mobile connectivity, at least for ST holders

nothing wrong with the seats though, they're still better than most stadiums

Personally would never set foot inside the Toilet Bowl but they can shove their seats up their arses IMO, but your own familiarity with that place seems to indicate 21Gooner was correct to call you a Spuds fan

I’ve not been since last year some of the people on here don’t even appear to have watched us on tv since then. If they’ve updated the concourses since then fair enough but to be honest that wasn’t even really what I was referring to. I specifically referred to replacing the seats, Wi Fi and installing bigger televisions from the stand gantries (maybe even a big one from the middle of the pitch)

But what’s the Mural got to do with making the stadium up to date, completely superficial and some of it looked like GCSE art frankly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I never really liked or rated Guendozi, but it seemed the whole world did and I was pretty shocked how fast that situation degenerated, after really only what, one public display of unprofessionalism.

I'm with you on this, I do think he is inconsistent with how he deals with players drama (a given when you are managing human beings), especially when you are coming from having a level headed AW for such a long time that was able to manage all manners of egos in the team until of course they wanted to eff off and actually win something or double their wages. I mean can you imagine how Arteta would have managed Adebayor....thinking about it is even making me laugh while I'm typing.

Age and being sacked a few times will probably improve his people skills ...but unfortunately we probably won't see a fast enough development on that while he's with us.

I really admire you. The way you were proven so totally and completely wrong (although I suppose that’s not new for you) and you’re still not afraid to chuck stuff at the wall to see what sticks

Guendouzi wasn’t a great player, but conversely he was better than a lot of midfielders we had at the time. How much of it was down to him being an insufferable little prick, how much was it Arteta not rating him I don’t know.

In fact there’s far more evidence for Arteta simply not rating a lot of these players from Torreira (again you ship him out but keep Elneny?) to Willock (I mean fuck me im glad we got rid of him)

Do you not think though one of Wenger’s failings was that he was a soft touch with players. Ozil was essentially picking which games he felt like playing in. As much as I think putting Auba in solitary confinement was going too far, equally if you let players do whatever the fuck they want it creates just as much disharmony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man United agreed deal with Chelsea to sign Mason Mount. Dont get me wrong, Havertz really wouldn’t have been a signing I’d have made but I’m glad Mason Mount was just a rumour. Even the Chelsea fans think he’s shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note Ethan Nwaneri will be committing himself and has signed scholarship forms with us and he'll sign a professional contract when he turns 17 next year. https://theathletic.com/4651468/2023...ract-transfer/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    On another note Ethan Nwaneri will be committing himself and has signed scholarship forms with us and he'll sign a professional contract when he turns 17 next year. https://theathletic.com/4651468/2023...ract-transfer/
    Chelsea were after him (like how they got Omari Hutchinson)

Have no idea if he’s a decent player or not. Saw him for two minutes against Brentford and fair to say the time was not there for him to make an impression

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was just Arteta trolling everyone by making him the youngest PL player ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    That was just Arteta trolling everyone by making him the youngest PL player ever.
    Indeed let’s hope that he becomes more than just a pub quiz bonus round question and that he does it in an Arsenal shirt