User Tag List

Page 590 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Pretty sure the Romanian bloke is a troll rumour by the way. Give Wenger some credit at least.
    He's signed players like Squillaci, Chamakh, Silvestre and Gervinho, we can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashburton2006 View Post
    The Arsenal we loved and cherished has gone! The Club is now owned by people that dont care! They are not Arsenal Supporters......unlike David Dein. As soon as Dein went, the problems started in my opinion.

Those of you who remember the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's supporting Arsenal, it was an almost "family" club, there was a kind of bond between the board, the players and the fans.
    It's all money now, you can see from the way they treat the fans.

We up there with the worst of them value for money wise, get treated like sh*t, pay loads and see next to no spending on the team and lots of players sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    I wish we were, we'd have a bigger stadium which would have cost us a lot less and a much more competitive team.

I disagree about his influence being exaggerated, he had tonnes of contacts, football was his number 1 priority and he's the reason we signed a lot of the players we did.
    You only need contacts if you want to buy players which we clearly don't. Whether its the board or Wenger's choice, either way we have no desire to buy players. I don't really see any advantage of having lots of contacts either tbh. Every chairman knows how to phone a player's agent. Youth contacts are helpful but no way would Dein have more contacts in kids football than Wenger.

If you'd seriously like Arsenal to be playing football in Wembley then I'm perplexed.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    No big club is like that any more. Not even your beloved Spurs.
    Liverpool are still in touch with their fan base without a doubt.

It is also fine to continue the Spurs supporter jibes, but I doubt that you ever supported Arsenal in the "Good Old Days" that I mentioned, and I doubt that you ever stood on the old North Bank cheering the players like Sammy Nelson, Alan Sunderland, Liam Brady etc, who actually cared about the supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    You only need contacts if you want to buy players which we clearly don't. Whether its the board or Wenger's choice, either way we have no desire to buy players. I don't really see any advantage of having lots of contacts either tbh. Every chairman knows how to phone a player's agent. Youth contacts are helpful but no way would Dein have more contacts in kids football than Wenger.

If you'd seriously like Arsenal to be playing football in Wembley then I'm perplexed.
    That's true but the point is Dein wanted the club to compete so he would have put pressure on and encuraged spending on quality.

As for Wembley, I'm interested in what happens on the pitch and the stadium has clearly changed what happens on the pitch, it was exciting and breathtaking to watch, it's now boring and repetitive. Our new stadium cost a huge amount of money and from what I can see it's only benefitting the board members and manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Grebbo;306108]You only need contacts if you want to buy players which we clearly don't. Whether its the board or Wenger's choice, either way we have no desire to buy players. I don't really see any advantage of having lots of contacts either tbh. Every chairman knows how to phone a player's agent. Youth contacts are helpful but no way would Dein have more contacts in kids football than Wenger.

If you'd seriously like Arsenal to be playing football in Wembley then I'm perplexed.[/QUOTE]

Does it make a difference where we play if we’re no longer proud of the club? The players, manager, board…they’re all a complete shambles. The Emirates is the envy of other European clubs for the wrong reasons. It’s mostly to do with good planning and the business model instead of the football. It’s well built and top notch but what’s the point in being there if we haven’t got the team to be proud of?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rot started when Dein was still here.

He's not the god people make him out to be. He is after all the cause of Wenger being here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    I wish we were, we'd have a bigger stadium which would have cost us a lot less and a much more competitive team.

I disagree about his influence being exaggerated, he had tonnes of contacts, football was his number 1 priority and he's the reason we signed a lot of the players we did.
    Moving to wembley would have ripped the soul out of arsenal. That's not our area, it wouldn't be a true home stadium because it wouldn't be ours. Dein did a lot of great things, moving to wembley was his worst idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cut out the abuse, fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Cut out the abuse, fellas.
    Pig