User Tag List

Page 690 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    I give up, which one is array

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal 23s
    Wenger: "It's not a question of spending money, it's a question of buying the right players" #AFCvAVFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Wenget's idea of the right player is very different to ours.

Last time he said that we ended up with the likes of Park, Santos and Gervinho.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-08-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

I was thinking about what I have highlighted in your post a lot this morning and I think market value and principles from Arsene is pretty much what is botching up our transfers.

The thing with Arsene is that IMHO he puts too many caveats and variables in the way when approaching the transfer market, hence why so many of our deals fall through.

If you look at all his idealistic policies he has enforced since the move to the Emirates I wouldn't be at all surprised if he approaches the transfer market with a set of idealistic views hence why there is been minimal incomings this summer.

To close the above points, Arsene and Ivan have repeatedly stated that all aspects of the Technical side of the club are in Arsene's hands, essentially he has complete control of the player recruitment policy and whilst funds are provided he ultimately has final say on what we pay a club for a player what we pay the player for a wage.

We are at the mercy of Arsene and his principles when it comes to the Player recruitment policy.

This is why we need a change in management. Unless we were to replace Ivan with Dein, I can’t imagine Wenger taking on advice from someone else unless he really respects their opinion. We don’t have enough young blood on the board with a brain for football. We need someone that knows the technical side as well as financial. It’s why Wenger holds so much power. Who there can challenge his valuation of a player or the quality? He’s totally misguided. From the valuation of players on the market all the way down to our own players and his estimation of their abilities. I think deals have been held up because he overestimates the quality of the current crop.

For example, I was reading his comments about the sale of Gervinho this morning. He was supposed to be a super quality signing yet he lost his confidence quickly and had to be sold. If you read Wenger’s comments, he says he suffered especially when playing at the Emirates. So is he blaming the fans for his poor form? Where is the accountability? Surely it’s his duty to manage that situation better and get him back to form and confident? He scouted Gervinho and snapped him up early in the window, which suggests he was an early target and a player Wenger was very keen on signing . It wasn’t a last minute decision, it was a calculated move. To sell him off so quickly after a blip in form suggests to me that Wenger has lost his touch. To suggest the hostile atmosphere at the Emirates is to blame is pretty arrogant. He completely misjudged Gervinho’s ability and mental strength and also needs to question his own judgement for buying him.

We’ve become a vanity project for Wenger. Something has to change quickly after this summer. We may have outgrown him. I feel we need to change manager and bring in someone that can reshape the vision for Arsenal like Wenger did when he first arrived. We could always try changing Board members and changing the backroom staff but I can’t imagine Wenger being open to others challenging his authority all the time. It ruffles his feathers so badly when others challenge him like that. We’ll see how this plays out this summer. But it’s at the point now where I’m worried we’re about to panic buy and blow a chunk of cash for rubbish players. I think Wenger is lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger in "I blame the fans" shocker.

What's new, the guy has done it before, it's never his fault is it? He signs duff players under the premise that they are super super quality and when they fail because they weren't good enough in the 1st place (usually the cheap option rather than the right option), he points the finger at the fans.

The guy has no shame seriously, he should have more respect for the people who indirectly put money in his pocket and a lot of it at that and by in large stayed loyal to him (not everyone of course ) for years when he's delivered f*ck all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think after 2011 we wouldn't make the same mistake again but here we are in an almost identical situation. Depleted squad, frustrated fans and sheer incompetence in the transfer market.

I expect another ramshackle group of players to come in over the next couple of weeks as we scrape around the bins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully expect at least 4 to come in.

4 turd burglars, mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I expect another ramshackle group of players to come in over the next couple of weeks as we scrape around the bins.
    And then we ship them out the next summer. Rinse and repeat.

Our club's a joke tbh.