User Tag List

Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's not rocket science, if Arteta is sticking with the same system (and when doesn't he) it's obvious Rice will play DM and Havertz will play left 8, hence they're happy to lose Xhaka and Partey as they've upgraded in both positions

Given how unreliable Partey is and how well Jorginho did, they're probably happy to let Partey go

Apparently the club wanted to keep Xhaka as a utility player to have on the bench, but he wants to go to a club where he's still a regular starter, which presumably Leverlusen has promised he will be
    Leverkusen have become my favourite German club over Dortmund now. Simply because they took that klutz off our hands. Ill be following their treading water with Xhaka as a midfield mainstay
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not rocket science, if Arteta is sticking with the same system (and when doesn't he) it's obvious Rice will play DM and Havertz will play left 8, hence they're happy to lose Xhaka and Partey as they've upgraded in both positions

Given how unreliable Partey is and how well Jorginho did, they're probably happy to let Partey go

Apparently the club wanted to keep Xhaka as a utility player to have on the bench, but he wants to go to a club where he's still a regular starter, which presumably Leverlusen has promised he will be

Everything I’m seeing is that we don’t intend to sell Partey unless we a) get the right money for him, which would necessitate a move to Saudi Arabia because the Italian clubs have no money and b) that we bring in a replacement. As bad as Arteta is at rotating, I think even he can’t avoid the fact that if we use Rice in the no6 role (which I think we all agree we will) we need a rotation option…now I suspect keeping Partey is not the first option because he won’t want to be understudy to Rice and Jorginho will more likely fill the option of being someone to come off the bench for 10-15 minutes to slow the game down. So if he goes it will be with a view to bringing in Labia or even Tchouameni.

The no8 role, well if Havertz as we expect is played there it will be Vieira, Smith Rowe and even Trossard that would provide cover. Personally I don’t like the idea of putting an attack minded midfielder in that role unless we are playing mid table sides at home…Partey was often left doing too much by Xhaka and Zinchenko.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Leverkusen have become my favourite German club over Dortmund now. Simply because they took that klutz off our hands. Ill be following their treading water with Xhaka as a midfield mainstay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka and Zin are very good at putting their colleagues into trouble, we've ditched one and we should ditch the other - Xhaka had two problems, one was he wasn't a DM and two, neither Emery or Arteta were prepared to see the mistakes (because he was a teacher's pet, in case I haven't mentioned it)

We're now in the same place with Zin, with the added annoyance that a lot of fans think Zin is actually good just because he runs around a lot
    Last edited by Mac76; 09-07-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he was a teacher's pet, in case I haven't mentioned it
    Ever considered going on GB News, filling Neil Oliver’s slot…he’s also very good at making assertions for things he has no evidence for.

Of course it’s all academic, he’s gone now.

Also don’t get whiny for me being critical of you holding this view…this is exactly the engagement you were looking for, I was kind enough to oblige

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ever considered going on GB News, filling Neil Oliver’s slot…he’s also very good at making assertions for things he has no evidence for.

Of course it’s all academic, he’s gone now.

Also don’t get whiny for me being critical of you holding this view…this is exactly the engagement you were looking for, I was kind enough to oblige
    Don't be so touchy,

Anyway it's my opinion and I can put it here, it's not rude or offensive, just an observation of watching a player over six seasons and how he's interacted with managers and vice versa - it's pretty clear to me and I know plenty of others who feel the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be so touchy,

Anyway it's my opinion and I can put it here, it's not rude or offensive, just an observation of watching a player over six seasons and how he's interacted with managers and vice versa - it's pretty clear to me and I know plenty of others who feel the same

Again you fail to understand how this works

I’m not the one trying to tread on your right to say what you like.

If you’re feeling self conscious because I’m reminding you that you’re making an evidence free assertion that’s on you, I’m not responsible for how you feel.

You’re the one telling me, “you shouldn’t be criticising me for saying what I think”. What kind of sick injunction is that?
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 09-07-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm questioning your assertion that there's no evidence, by pointing to the observations I and others have made from the manager and player's own respective bahaviour

It's interesting that you often use the All or Nothing documentary to talk about Arteta's mentality yet you won't allow others to use similar evidence gained through observations of the manager and player during games, in interviews, training ground videos etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm questioning your assertion that there's no evidence, by pointing to the observations I and others have made from the manager and player's own respective bahaviour

It's interesting that you often use the All or Nothing documentary to talk about Arteta's mentality yet you won't allow others to use similar evidence gained through observations of the manager and player during games, in interviews, training ground videos etc

You keep saying won’t allow

How am I stopping you? If you can’t stand up to your opinion being scrutinised or ridiculed then that’s on you

The evidence you’ve offered is other people feel the same as you…well a majority of American Christians (the largest plurality of believers in the US) believe in Angels…doesn’t make it so.

My analysis of Arteta is based on his behaviour and body language and that was absolutely panned and ridiculed by others…and I didn’t get my panties in a bunch that other people thought I was full of shit

If you are telling me you made similar observations of Xhaka being a teachers pet from that, then I’d heavily, heavily suggest that you went into there looking for anything that would allow you to come to that conclusion cos I sure as fuck didn’t see anything that suggested obsequiousness or brown nosing Arteta.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 09-07-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple reality is the two games against City will decide if we compete with them in a title race or lose by a margin. Players like Partey are hopelessly out of their depth against such opposition. Maybe keep him to shore up the numbers against lesser opposition, but he's on a huge wage so why bother? Get rid. If we can't get at least a point off City next term (more likely two points) then that's the title gone already. Unless City implodes, which they won't. Those battles will be won and lost in the midfield and in the moments up top where a quality striker matters. I'm assuming this is why £100mill was shelled out for Rice. Why would we spend that and then entertain the notion of putting Partey back on the pitch?

If we aren't going for the title and are simply consolidating second place then Partey could still have a role I guess, albeit a wildly overpriced one.
    Für eure Sicherheit