Page 75 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    If he stays fine, no issue

But as long as we sign a decent replacement I’m not going to lose any sleep if he goes.

Comparisons to Vieira are silly.
    It wouldn’t take much to get an upgrade on Partey who at 30 won’t get any better and quite possibly isn’t as essential to the team as you assume.

We have at the moment a squad that is worth quite considerably in excess of what we paid for them.

I’m going to be nice, despite your usual tendency to “if you don’t agree with me on this you lack ambition” shtick
    As usual you do what you do best, conjure up and twist an argument no one was interested in making in the first place.

To think you are the one preaching about comprehension yet you keep up with the same tired trick.

Anyway it seems my opinion on this unnecessary sale is swimming against the tide and I'm actually looking for someone to come up with something convincing. The latter part where you mentioned age being key is not good enough for me. Seems more like the AW mentality of forever planning for a glorious future that never seems to arrive. My 2 cents to the only sensible part of your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    As usual you do what you do best, conjure up and twist an argument no one was interested in making in the first place.

To think you are the one preaching about comprehension yet you keep up with the same tired trick.

Anyway it seems my opinion on this unnecessary sale is swimming against the tide and I'm actually looking for someone to come up with something convincing. The latter part where you mentioned age being key is not good enough for me. Seems more like the AW mentality of forever planning for a glorious future that never seems to arrive. My 2 cents to the only sensible part of your post.

Ok so you definitely didn’t reference Vieira and Edu the other day….and say that Wenger said his biggest mistake was letting them leave at the same time? And by doing so you definitely weren’t comparing that to the prospect of us losing both Xhaka and Partey

Are you having trouble remembering your own posts….that might be an early sign of dementia?

Partey’s age is relevant because he’s never going to get better than he is now, and therefore it would be easier and in fact smarter to get someone of equivalent or greater ability who is younger

We aren’t despite your silly comparison getting rid of established winners.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 10-07-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH it feels like the whole world is going crazy with all the transfer speculation I am seeing.

Watching Partey marauding when on form feels like a gift, so easy on the eyes. I get the Odegaard comparison.

Sad to see the consensus on here seems to be "get rid and start from scratch". Like I said earlier, it really feels like some of us don't want to win anything next season and are ready to pushout the familiar excuses. Just my 2 cents on this.
    I for one am not saying he hasn't been a good player but while Partey can be very good, what worries me is his fitness and consistency, for such an important position we need people we can rely on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so you definitely didn’t reference Vieira and Edu the other day….
    Ah, putting things in context, lets go on and see how it morphs..

and say that Wenger said his biggest mistake was letting them leave at the same time? And by doing so you definitely weren’t comparing that to the prospect of us losing both Xhaka and Partey
    Good we're getting there. I didn't say it, the article said so. I didn't partake in the interview, Edu and a sports reporter did. They nor I said it was his biggest mistake, however they did refer to it as "one of".

So you see the difference, your trick is to always try to make everyone's argument seem outlandish just to keep up with the innate need to do what, win the internet? Be the only one able to express an unpopular view on this board? TBH i really dont care but honestly feel a little sad for you, but hey....I gave up on saving lost causes quite a while ago.

And by doing so you definitely weren’t comparing that to the prospect of us losing both Xhaka and Partey
    BINGO!

So we've gone from a silly argument of Partey vs Vieira, to the impact losing 2 of your starters in a team and rebuilidng could have on your chances of winning.

This only confirms you do this shit on purpose, to repeatedly WUM. Well just don't act surprised that your allegiance and the reason you are on this board is repeatedly questioned.

Partey’s age is relevant because he’s never going to get better than he is now, and therefore it would be easier and in fact smarter to get someone of equivalent or greater ability who is younger.
    Now the debate.

Do you feel Rice is a better player than Partey now? Is Caicedo a better player than Partey now? Is Lavia a better player than Partey now?

My opinion ( and that of most pundits for most of last season) is no. So would it kill us to use Partey till he breaks like successful clubs like Man U did with Keane, Chelsea did with Makalele and Kante , Liverpool did with Fabinho, Citeh with Fernandinho etc.

No one says we shouldn't bring in youth, but shipping off a player not based on his performance and only because he is 30 is pure crap to me and a mistake we have made several times before. Oh and seeing how you have now warmed to Trossard after your dislike for the same signing due to the same discredited factor, I would have thought you would have evolved a bit on this.

And yes IMO, we made that same mistake with "age" earlier with Vieira but that was not my initial argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, putting things in context, lets go on and see how it morphs..

Good we're getting there. I didn't say it, the article said so. I didn't partake in the interview, Edu and a sports reporter did. They nor I said it was his biggest mistake, however they did refer to it as "one of".

So you see the difference, your trick is to always try to make everyone's argument seem outlandish just to keep up with the innate need to do what, win the internet? Be the only one able to express an unpopular view on this board? TBH i really dont care but honestly feel a little sad for you, but hey....I gave up on saving lost causes quite a while ago.

BINGO!

So we've gone from a silly argument of Partey vs Vieira, to the impact losing 2 of your starters in a team and rebuilidng could have on your chances of winning.

This only confirms you do this shit on purpose, to repeatedly WUM. Well just don't act surprised that your allegiance and the reason you are on this board is repeatedly questioned.

Now the debate.

Do you feel Rice is a better player than Partey now? Is Caicedo a better player than Partey now? Is Lavia a better player than Partey now?

My opinion ( and that of most pundits for most of last season) is no. So would it kill us to use Partey till he breaks like successful clubs like Man U did with Keane, Chelsea did with Makalele and Kante , Liverpool did with Fabinho, Citeh with Fernandinho etc.

No one says we shouldn't bring in youth, but shipping off a player not based on his performance and only because he is 30 is pure crap to me and a mistake we have made several times before. Oh and seeing how you have now warmed to Trossard after your dislike for the same signing due to the same discredited factor, I would have thought you would have evolved a bit on this.

And yes IMO, we made that same mistake with "age" earlier with Vieira but that was not my initial argument.

Honestly, this is your comeback ???

That you were quoting someone else completely out of context, and in doing so you weren’t clearly inferring a parallel between selling Vieira and Edu with Partey and Xhaka?

I don’t know whether to be embarrassed for you, or be impressed at your level of sophistry.

As to your assertion that I twist things in order to have a reason to attack you. I think of the line from the Magnificent Seven “If God didn’t want me to sheer them, he wouldn’t have made them sheep”. I don’t need to twist anything, that’s the genius of you…you make it so easy for me.

So to actually look at the point you’re making, of course the wisdom of selling both of your key midfielders is completely determined by how good that midfield is and how much you’re planning to upgrade.

Is Rice an upgrade on Partey? No but given Partey for the moment is still here that’s academic

Would Caicedo be an upgrade on Partey? Yes and to be honest I don’t think it’s even close. Caicedo is a better player at 21 than Partey is at 30…both physically and technically.

Not sure how Trossard factors into this, frankly players I do approve of that we buy are more of an outlier.

Partey is a decent player, but I don’t think I can stress to you how little I think of the central midfield options we had last season that would cause me to devolve into arse spraying mayhem the way you did when selling Partey was mooted. Personally I think the smarter option would be to keep him one more year and then buy a Tchouameni next season (I think unfortunately with the money we’ve spaffed up the wall on Rice I don’t see that happening this summer)

I don’t think of little of Partey as NQ but you simply can’t draw parallels between two players we sold in one summer in the past without factoring in the clear differential in quality.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 10-07-2023 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But to sum it up for you

Even if we sell Partey and signed No replacement, we play Rice in that position and play Kai Havertz in the Xhaka role. Just the absence of Xhaka alone would make it a better central midfield than we had last season.

And that’s the absolute worst case scenario. So maybe go out and invest in some adult nappies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people are assuming Rice will play in Partey's position and Havertz in Xhaka's

both are seen as upgrades (whether everyone agrees or not) and also as players with more of their careers ahead of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think most people are assuming Rice will play in Partey's position and Havertz in Xhaka's

both are seen as upgrades (whether everyone agrees or not) and also as players with more of their careers ahead of them

I prefer the way I said it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this is your comeback ??? .....
    Just asking HCZ, do you watch Spartacus?

Whatever your answer is, that's how I imagine you see every debate you have here, some sort of bitter elaborate gladiatorial contest to the finish that seemingly justifies your existence.

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

You really feel Rice is a better player than Partey?

Interesting.