User Tag List

Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Just asking HCZ, do you watch Spartacus?

Whatever your answer is, that's how I imagine you see every debate you have here, some sort of elaborate gladatorial contest to the finish that seemingly justifies your existence.

Well, whatever floats your boat.

No that’s where you’re going wrong.

You keep making this assumption that I’m aggressively going for you.

I’m not saying anything with any animus….it’s just on so many occasions you come across as flailing in blind panic - not signing Mudryk, our negotiation strategy with Rice and this. And a bit like a naughty school boy who pulls the legs off insects, I must admit your posts prove irresistible to me….I did try and even reason with you but you’re so insistent on hysteria…it’d be churlish of me not to make hay from your hysteria.

That doesn’t mean my counters to your post aren’t genuine, if I agreed with you or thought you were making a reasonable argument I wouldn’t bother replying….but yeah they are designed to be a bit like Keith Moon chucking dynamite down the loo in hotels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be wise to keep Partey but that would mean a contract extension which I don’t think the club are prepared to give him at this stage.

Wouldn’t be comfortable if he was sold to United though. Saudi or nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    You really feel Rice is a better player than Partey?

Interesting.
    It'll be pretty tragic if he's not. Hard to imagine though, paying £100mill for a player that doesn't even reach Partey's standard? That'll be the end of Arteta if it pans out like that. And the end of Rice too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But to sum it up for you

Even if we sell Partey and signed No replacement, we play Rice in that position and play Kai Havertz in the Xhaka role. Just the absence of Xhaka alone would make it a better central midfield than we had last season.

And that’s the absolute worst case scenario. So maybe go out and invest in some adult nappies
    Assuming Rice and Havertz have the will to fight for a result. Everyone claims Rice does. Sounds like Havertz didn't do much at the chavs. So he, at least, will need to up his game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Assuming Rice and Havertz have the will to fight for a result. Everyone claims Rice does. Sounds like Havertz didn't do much at the chavs. So he, at least, will need to up his game.

I know by your own admission you don’t watch us often, but if you did you would know that our central midfield never fought for a result. That’s why even worst case scenario we are better off than we were last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post

Even if arsenal sign all the players they're expected to, Partey remains the best player at the club. It's an observable fact, ffs. Only Odegaard is on a similar level.

Some of you are unbelievably fuckin stupid, man. Actually hurts to read some of your drivel.
    This. Partey did lose form towards the end of the season like pretty much the entire first team. On form, he is one of the best CM's in the prem.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    This. Partey did lose form towards the end of the season like pretty much the entire first team. On form, he is one of the best CM's in the prem.
    His loss of form perfectly demonstrates his importance to the team. Every single player lost form at some point and it wasn't an issue until Partey had his turn and the entire team literally fell apart, as did the season.

No Partey, no chance. That's the way it was and that's the way it is. He was the best player in the league for the first half of the season.

The mental gymnastics to get around potentially selling your best player is just bizarre to watch.

@mac67 does make one fair point about his endurance. Partey hasn't lasted a full season yet. But he has made it further each time. That is the only black mark against him though. His ability is unquestionable, unless you're a special kind of mongoloid.
    Last edited by mandela8; 10-07-2023 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as well he’s not our best player then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just read that Arsenal are after Kyle Walker AND Julian Alvarez from City.

Don't want Walker and surely there is no chance of Alvarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No that’s where you’re going wrong.

You keep making this assumption that I’m aggressively going for you.

I’m not saying anything with any animus….it’s just on so many occasions you come across as flailing in blind panic - not signing Mudryk, our negotiation strategy with Rice and this. And a bit like a naughty school boy who pulls the legs off insects, I must admit your posts prove irresistible to me….I did try and even reason with you but you’re so insistent on hysteria…it’d be churlish of me not to make hay from your hysteria.

That doesn’t mean my counters to your post aren’t genuine, if I agreed with you or thought you were making a reasonable argument I wouldn’t bother replying….but yeah they are designed to be a bit like Keith Moon chucking dynamite down the loo in hotels.
    TBH I (and probably others) don't care what motivates your replies or reactions (I know I've made up my mind quite a while back and I suspect they have too) however I must admit I do find the thought of what lies behind them a bit intriguing and probably worthy of some sort of psychiatric evaluation/intervention ...but hey, I'm just a silly football fan, what the hell do I know

Anyway I got your simplistic argument the first time; you would not mind losing Partey mainly due to his age, as all the plausible alternatives you have identified (I took Caicedo and the RM guy out since IYO we can't afford them now) are not better than him. Pathetic IMO, but you have been consistent with the mouth service you pay to your love of ageism, I'll give you that.