User Tag List

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris 2024 Olympics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree it's not that clear - a mate also threw Hamilton's name into the ring.
    I think Redgrave (Steve, not Vanessa) is worth a shout. 5 Olympics in a row, although I guess it being in a team dilutes that somewhat.
    Hoy?
    Daley Thompson? (holy shit, 40 years ago that was!)

It's really hard to compare across sports and eras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redgrave would be right up there for me for sure, Thomson yes, Hamilton also, I think Murray's not the best ever but to even be able to occassionally break up the usual winning pattern in men's tennis in this era is a real feat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to think of Britons who completely dominated their sport but the ones I could think of were people like Phil Taylor in darts and people like Hendry, Davis and O'Sullivan in snooker. Both sports which are quite UK-centric anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well back in the day I would have said Daley Thompson.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show offs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was trying to think of Britons who completely dominated their sport but the ones I could think of were people like Phil Taylor in darts and people like Hendry, Davis and O'Sullivan in snooker. Both sports which are quite UK-centric anyway.
    Coe. Okay? And there were plenty more. But nobody ever like Coe. That was domination on a level that heas never been seen in any other sport other than woke boxing where blokes beat up women for the viewing pleasure of tattooed, blue hair vermin.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Coe. Okay? And there were plenty more. But nobody ever like Coe. That was domination on a level that heas never been seen in any other sport other than woke boxing where blokes beat up women for the viewing pleasure of tattooed, blue hair vermin.
    Coe was a privileged Tory cunt - I was always an Ovett supporter, proper normal guy who did it the hard way through his own work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Coe was a privileged Tory cunt - I was always an Ovett supporter, proper normal guy who did it the hard way through his own work
    You are a sad, sick, little person. Coe was the ultimate athlete. I couldn't give a fuck about his politics and I don't know why you do, given we're talking about sport. You horrible little cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You are a sad, sick, little person. Coe was the ultimate athlete. I couldn't give a fuck about his politics and I don't know why you do, given we're talking about sport. You horrible little cunt.
    You brought in sexual politics (albeit in a drunken distorted way but hey what's new) in your own post

If you can't understand how someone's upbringing gives them a head start in certain sports I pity you*

*in addition to pitying you for the alcoholism ofc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You brought in sexual politics (albeit in a drunken distorted way but hey what's new) in your own post

If you can't understand how someone's upbringing gives them a head start in certain sports I pity you*

*in addition to pitying you for the alcoholism ofc
    I did, didn't I? Okay, fair point.

But I'm talking about sickos who like beating up women or seeing women getting beaten up by men. Very different, you have to be genuinely disturbed to support that. You equated Coe's politics with his ability to be the best 800m runner of all time, which he was. That's just juvenile.
    Für eure Sicherheit