User Tag List

Page 833 of 1404 FirstFirst ... 3337337838238318328338348358438839331333 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,330 of 14035

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    What is there to like about him though in reality? He has no connection with the fans and patronises and blames them repeatedly, he point blank refuses to accept responsiblity or blame the players, he comes out with stuff about Arsenal never having won the CL before he arrived and him deciding if he's doing a good job, he's pretty much said he prioritises money over success on the pitch.

I don't really get why people would like him, if he treated people with a bit more respect then fine but he really doesn't. If he was more honest and accepted some blame, then you'd say you know what he hasn't been great in recent years but he acknowledges his failures and has tried to change things good on him, he just doesn't though choosing the I'm always right path instead.

As for caring for results, maybe on the day, but in the end in the cold light of day when his team have qualified for the CL he seems happy enough, in addition you'll quite often find when we collapse and go out of everything but then go on a run of half a dozen games where we beat some small teams he comes out and says how great the team is and to look at the unbeaten run etc etc, it really doesn't sound to me like a guy who is a winner and detets coming 2nd best so much.

Yes he puts in the hours, but that's his love for football, not necesarily love for Arsenal, in the end the fans are Arsenal and he's quick to point the finger at them, someone who loved Arsenal would perhaps try and connect with the fans more and understand their point of view rather than repeatedly patronising them.
    Why would they like him?.....well despite his comments to the fans which I think are out of order, he isn't in anyway a bad guy.

Has he tried to undermine other managers the way Mourinho does, or is he despite the frustration with him quite an interesting person to listen to. Also like i say if you were answering the same sort of questions constantly on a 20 year basis you would probably come out with stock responses.

I don't like how he's performing as Arsenal manager, that does not inform what i think of him as a man, you have a personal dislike of the man fine.....If i'm honest i think most people who dislike him on a personal level boils down to familiarity breeding contempt.

I honestly think if you put everything you are into a job and people were criticising you for it rightly or wrongly, you'd be pretty sour as well. That's not the same as saying he is right to criticise the fans, but at the same time there is something you can understand about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Says the man who produced two videos with people citing stats to back up a point of view.
    Then ignored my analysis of the actual stats.
    Then said stats were important.
    Then said individual incidents were important.
    Then said stats have been corrupted, despite the fact that was your starting point for the discussion.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. - Euripides
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. - Euripides
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the Walrus - John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is very scientific on board this size but OK, 4 people out of 22 voted for him to stay. And this is a particularly negative board so probably not that representative of Arsenal fans in the wild.
    Even if it was that's 18% of Arsenal fans who want him to stay which, if my maths are right, is more than 2 people.

Some people are saying that he's ruined his legacy but some people are saying that only 4 Arsenal fans in the whole world want him to stay or how we only ever finish 4th, some people talk a lot of nonsense.
    Lol I wasn't literally saying 4 people, it was clearly a way of pointing out most people want him out in a very obvious manner. Again the 4th place thing I explained last time round, it's not literally 4th place, it's qualifying for the CL by not winning anything and the fact that a loser is still a loser whether he comes 2nd/3rd or 4th if he's never in the race and as NQ pointed out so well how Wenger see's this as the holy grail and effectively how he measures his performance, getting into the top 4 is like a trophy to him and he pats himself on the back everytime he does it, for him it's just like winning something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the Walrus - John Lennon
    You win.

"Never argue with stupid people,
    they will drag you down to their level
    and then beat you with experience."
    - Mark Twain
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil my bumhole

- Noel Coward
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Why would they like him?.....well despite his comments to the fans which I think are out of order, he isn't in anyway a bad guy.

Has he tried to undermine other managers the way Mourinho does, or is he despite the frustration with him quite an interesting person to listen to. Also like i say if you were answering the same sort of questions constantly on a 20 year basis you would probably come out with stock responses.

I don't like how he's performing as Arsenal manager, that does not inform what i think of him as a man, you have a personal dislike of the man fine.....If i'm honest i think most people who dislike him on a personal level boils down to familiarity breeding contempt.

I honestly think if you put everything you are into a job and people were criticising you for it rightly or wrongly, you'd be pretty sour as well. That's not the same as saying he is right to criticise the fans, but at the same time there is something you can understand about it.
    My problem with Wenger is that his attitude seems to mirror that of the Board's. I can understand why the owners are content with stability and building a brand slowly with long term goals but I can't understand why Wenger is so comfortable with it and goes out of his way to defend it. I can understand him getting defensive over his football record but seeing him justify ticket prices and treat the fans as a certain way doesn't sit right with me. He's denied having shares in the club but I often wonder if that's really the case.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I would suggest that even though he has carte Blanche over every aspect of football at the club, the board might get a bit funny if he didn't agree with their position. Quid pro quo - we don't tell you how to do your job so don't tell us how to do ours.

It's the price for the total autonomy he is given.

Equally I wouldn't expect any manager who might be at the club to differ with the board on matters like ticket pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I would suggest that even though he has carte Blanche over every aspect of football at the club, the board might get a bit funny if he didn't agree with their position. Quid pro quo - we don't tell you how to do your job so don't tell us how to do ours.

It's the price for the total autonomy he is given.

Equally I wouldn't expect any manager who might be at the club to differ with the board on matters like ticket pricing.
    He doesn't have to contradict the Board but he goes a step further. The below is an example of what I don't like.

“Ideally you want ticket prices to be as low as possible,” he said. “But on the other hand the only way we can pay the wages and compete without any external help is to the ticket prices because it is our main income. Therefore we are in this situation where, of course, the prices are high.

“I am really worried they are high for our supporters. For the visitors, it only happens once per year so that is less a concern. [But] ideally you want ticket prices to be affordable to everybody. It is a very delicate subject.”
    He's said plenty more and it goes beyond his duty as a manager. It feeds into this idea that there are no other options and that we fans must continue to fork out if we want the best players and to win titles. It gets worse because he continues to say he couldn't afford Kante even though he spent the money on Xhaka.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't disagree in the sense that Ticket prices are very high considering we patently don't compete, which for me is the far bigger issue than whether he takes the board's side over ours in terms of ticket prices.

However was this something he suddenly came out with off the cuff or is it a response to a question he's been asked about ticket prices?, the guy has spent the last ten years whinging about financial doping.....it would look a bit weird if he was then to turn around and say well we want a rich benefactor to help us compete.

I would imagine he was saying he couldn't afford Kante because he'd already bought Xhaka and doesn't look at them as an either or (which of course is giving a different impression than he did when we first bought Xhaka).

There are times where he does annoy me greatly, he makes blatantly contradictory statements as a exercise in backside covering and when the results aren't forthcoming this kind of constant excuse making earns people's annoyance.

But i don't think there is anything he could say that isn't going to irritate people, and that's not because people are unreasonable it's because his time is up.....if he excuses what happens on the pitch he's happy with how things are going, if he says it's inexcusable well why is he still here?.

I don't think his BS is anywhere out of the ordinary from the BS put out by other managers, you don't expect anything particularly salient or interesting to come out in most press conferences....i think people are so fed up of Wenger that his excuses just infuriates people even more.

But yeah i do think there's a difference between being frustrated by the stuff he comes out with (which i think is totally understandable) and people like Zim whose issues with Wenger are far more personal.

This is someone who claimed the club would have been better off had Wenger never joined us in the first place, which i'm sorry is just Absurd
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 22-02-2017 at 02:57 PM.