User Tag List

Page 891 of 1392 FirstFirst ... 3917918418818898908918928939019419911391 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,910 of 13913

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That first paragraph you highlight is a parody of your position. It's not my position. It's your standard trench posture when anyone suggests the FA Cup is a second tier tournament, which of course it is. FA Cup is a second rate trophy? Ah, but you were pleased enough when we won it! QED Letters wins the Internet. So, you see, it is indeed your own ridiculous nonsense we are discussing here.

The thing you seem to miss is that not many people talk to you. What happens is, somebody makes a point and then you dive in and make some general statement about that somebody saying something different at a previous time. I suppose the implication is the person concerned is wrong now because they said something else previously. And because you tend to insert yourself into any debate that even mildly criticises Wenger, you use these tactics in an attempt to disprove each and every criticism of the bloke. For sure, I know you have a few stock phrases on hand to make it look like your defence is applied evenly. Yes he should be sacked, gobble, gobble, gobble, yes he should have done better, gobble, gobble, swallow. It's a pattern I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Along with the other habits and patterns, such as twisting context, stealing context and pushing it back on your protagonists, reflection techniques, and so on. The more people engage with you the more words you can steal from them for your purpose and the more sentences and paragraphs you have to selectively choose from and liberally distort. That's why I mean when I point out the fact you are a liar.

Then, when people do the same to you, and even exaggerate to make it clear what the intent is, you muster up your chutzpah and... call them a liar. I have to admit, it's entertaining.

But anyway, it seems very important to you that Wenger be considered an above average manager who somehow, despite his record, has done good work at the club in the last decade. Fine. Life's too short. I concur. Wenger is an above average manager who has done good work at the club during the last decade.

All that remains is for me to ask you a question.

Now that we agree, do you think we are fooling anyone else?
    Great post, letters has always loved Venga and when it was fashionable to be open about the love for the guy he was alwasy there make a joke about what others said, now he's a closet fan who pipes up anytime anyone dares say something less than complimentary about him whilst trying to convince others he actually doesn't rate him by using the lines your very correctly highlighted.

In the past he would use the "he's not a bumbling idiot" line, but now that it appears even that is diffcult to use he's found some new material to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

Ridiculous. They've just nicked all that commentary from the Nick Bendtner documentary and stuck Giroud in his place
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Great post, letters has always loved Venga and when it was fashionable to be open about the love for the guy he was alwasy there make a joke about what others said, now he's a closet fan who pipes up anytime anyone dares say something less than complimentary about him whilst trying to convince others he actually doesn't rate him by using the lines your very correctly highlighted.

In the past he would use the "he's not a bumbling idiot" line, but now that it appears even that is diffcult to use he's found some new material to use.
    Some fans just can't accept their messiah is past it

Letters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you heard the latest theory

We've got to keep Wenger cause he's the only one that cares

Yeah let's keep a failed, tactically inept has-been because he seems to care in his £8m a year job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Cross Comedy Special

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first paragraph you highlight is a parody of your position. It's not my position. It's your standard trench posture when anyone suggests the FA Cup is a second tier tournament, which of course it is. FA Cup is a second rate trophy? Ah, but you were pleased enough when we won it! QED Letters wins the Internet. So, you see, it is indeed your own ridiculous nonsense we are discussing here.

The thing you seem to miss is that not many people talk to you. What happens is, somebody makes a point and then you dive in and make some general statement about that somebody saying something different at a previous time. I suppose the implication is the person concerned is wrong now because they said something else previously. And because you tend to insert yourself into any debate that even mildly criticises Wenger, you use these tactics in an attempt to disprove each and every criticism of the bloke. For sure, I know you have a few stock phrases on hand to make it look like your defence is applied evenly. Yes he should be sacked, gobble, gobble, gobble, yes he should have done better, gobble, gobble, swallow. It's a pattern I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Along with the other habits and patterns, such as twisting context, stealing context and pushing it back on your protagonists, reflection techniques, and so on. The more people engage with you the more words you can steal from them for your purpose and the more sentences and paragraphs you have to selectively choose from and liberally distort. That's why I mean when I point out the fact you are a liar.

Then, when people do the same to you, and even exaggerate to make it clear what the intent is, you muster up your chutzpah and... call them a liar. I have to admit, it's entertaining.

But anyway, it seems very important to you that Wenger be considered an above average manager who somehow, despite his record, has done good work at the club in the last decade. Fine. Life's too short. I concur. Wenger is an above average manager who has done good work at the club during the last decade.

All that remains is for me to ask you a question.

Now that we agree, do you think we are fooling anyone else?
    Good points made despite this topic being spun to death. Letters will find a way to make the exact same points again with Zim or someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's trying to get to the ball that's clear, as for actually aiming it at goal not a chance IMO, it's pot luck, you touch it and hope it goes in, there's not even any thought in that, there's a difference between aiming at goal and taking a shot and touching a ball and it going in and meaning it.

If the ball is behind you and you flick it, you're not aiming at all, it's hit and hope.

If you pick up the ball from outside the area and shoot you're clearly aiming at goal, if you it when it's behind you there's no aiming involved, you stretch for it to try and get it and hope.

I just don't think those kind of goals are skill as such, it's more down to luck because you can't aim those kind of efforts.
    You must be an amazing player!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I see you and raise:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    John Cross Comedy Special

He really is the consummate circle of access journalist

It’s almost like someone like Gonella has said yeah you can savage Sir Chips as long as you make sure you extol the virtues of the Kroenkes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3V7GIizI
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.