Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Arsenal vs Liverpool - Player ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Yep

Sky sports especially have a vested interest in talking us up as challengers though, because the best league in the world which they frequently sell the premier league as being is going to be competitive and isn’t going to have one team canter to the title (and yes it’s far more likely City will do exactly that, than we pull off a Leicester City)

I think that comes down to Haaland, as good as De Bruyne is (and he is, still the best creative midfielder in the premier league by some distance) without a central focal point for attack…it was always possible to catch City on an off day. Now I just don’t see that happening….I’m not saying they will go the season unbeaten but I think they are definitely capable of it
    Piss on that prediction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Piss on that prediction
    It was certainly plausible, but there’s a reason that what we’ve done was unprecedented and hasn’t been repeated. You need to be very good to go unbeaten, obviously. But you need to be lucky too. And let’s face it we were in the Invincibles year. Pretty sure the Battle of Old Trafford was in that season, that penalty miss…that goes in and there goes the record before it even got going. And towards the end we got lucky away at Portsmouth. We scraped a 1-1, it was after we’d wrapped up the title and they had a chance with about 10 minutes left which was hit straight at Lehman, either side and there goes the record. Fine lines in football. City are going to be ridiculous season but you only need one slip.