• Saturday

0 0%
Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me Rice is a very good player, probably not a world beater, but a player who absolutely leads by example and will drag results out of us if he has to. We were so flat in the second half yesterday without him and Spurs easily got hold of the midfield after that.

I said before that Havertz is either a stroke of genius or a huge failure that might even cost Arteta his job if things go really bad. It’s difficult to see where he fits in and for 70m we definitely could have signed ourselves a proper striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Should be gone tonight as the longer we leave, the more damage he does
    I am surprised that this page is untouched this morning.

To me, last night V Lens just showed how much of a Rookie Arteta is.

He continues to play Havertz and Zinchenko. He played Saka who is clearly carrying an injury, and he replaces Ramsdale with Raya when Ramsdale has done nothing wrong.

The same rubbish will continue on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I am surprised that this page is untouched this morning.

To me, last night V Lens just showed how much of a Rookie Arteta is.

He continues to play Havertz and Zinchenko. He played Saka who is clearly carrying an injury, and he replaces Ramsdale with Raya when Ramsdale has done nothing wrong.

The same rubbish will continue on Sunday.

I was a bit more optimistic after the Bournemouth game, but Arteta completely fouled things up last night - I can't believe we're paying £8m a year to someone who can't understand the basics of squad management

I'm almost starting to wonder whether his loyalties really still lie with Citeh and he's just clearlng their path for them by hobbling a competitor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only game we've lost all season, a point off the top of the table after a good 4-0 away win and Arteta out?

You lot are silly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Only game we've lost all season, a point off the top of the table after a good 4-0 away win and Arteta out?

You lot are silly!
    as always it's the underlying trends that you need to look at - he still is failing to utilise the squad and in particular simply refuses to rest Saka in all but the most trivial games, last night showed perfectly what happens when you do that, we have in all likelihood lost one of our key players ahead of the Citeh game because of it, plus other important players won't be as fresh - and we still lost the game

this is utter incompetence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You lot are silly!

Maybe actually engage with the arguments being made, they are not saying like I admittedly stated earlier on in the season that Arteta should be sacked now (although I’m sure they wouldn’t object to that). It’s more pointing out that last night perfectly showcased how despite the money we’ve spent we probably aren’t going to make any further progress under this coach because of this utter stubborn hubris…overplaying Saka, sticking Vieira on the wing…trying this high pressing game which we don’t really have the players to do in a sustained fashion and leaves us playing in front of them sideways passing trying to shit through the eye of a needle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You lot are silly!
    I understand your point, Letters.

However, we have limped through games so far this season (apart from Bournemouth, they are terrible though to be fair). IMHO, we were a bit lucky against the Spuds to get a draw.

But as mentioned in my post, Arteta is still making mistakes that everyone can see! It is a bit like the last days of Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Arteta is still making mistakes that everyone can see! It is a bit like the last days of Wenger
    I agree with the first sentence but I completely disagree with the second.
    He is still making mistakes - if Saka is out for Sunday then that's on Arteta, it's clear he's been struggling through games and has been overplayed, he needed a rest last night.
    And I take the point about playing players out of position/picking the wrong players and so on. We can all have opinions about that stuff, overall I care about the end result and while sure, we've not been cruising through games we have been getting results and surely it's a good sign than we can do that while not at our best. I think if we lose to City - and, let's face it, our record suggests that's likely - then it will show that we're no better off than last season. But the reason I disagree with your second sentence is things feel different at the club than they did during Wenger's swansong. I loved the way they let Havertz take that penalty at the weekend, and the way they celebrated with him. There's a real spirit in this squad I haven't seen for a long time. And the connection between the team and the fans is a lot stronger than it was too.
    So, overall, my gut feeling is we're not going to be sweeping all before us this season, but I also think that swapping out Arteta for a different managers - who will just have different flaws and make different mistakes - would just set us back, not push us on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is informed I have to say by what I’d call a small c conservative mindset. We absolutely shouldn’t swap out managers on a whim, but at the same time Arteta has been coach for four years now and I don’t think the immense spending we’ve seen has been reflected in results. The transfer strategy has improved, I have to admit this from buying mid level journeymen to make that one big push towards top 4 has changed to make us more sustainable but it’s come at a high cost and really it’s not been a particularly efficient use of money.

The latest example is getting rid of Ramsdale for Raya, a goalkeeper who isn’t better than Ramsdale let alone significantly better and in fact I’d argue in terms of ball distribution is actually a downgrade. We know that this having two top quality keepers is a load of manure, it’s just that rather than look at the system we play as being responsible for goals conceded at home…Arteta blames the goalkeeper instead.

Arsenal fans are ambitious, we don’t want to be in the champions league just because that’s where we expect to be as a club, we expect to be competitive in the competition and using it as a springboard for title challenges. The fact is victory is copacetic, and if you are purely looking at the results and not the performances you fail to appreciate that a result last night was on the cards. No, in of itself it’s a disappointment more than a disaster but if you’re not actually watching the games you fail to understand that these type of defeats a) don’t come out of nowhere and b) are unlikely to be standalone.

Our record against City is disgraceful pure and simple, to have lost 12 games in the league in a row to them is simply unacceptable for a club at our level. It’s not something we should shrug our shoulders about, and if that becomes 14 in a row it’s not unreasonable to argue that we have reached the limit of what we can achieve with this coach.

I had an argument with a friend over Klopp, him saying there’s no evidence of Klopp being an exceptional coach because of the sustained financial investment Liverpool have had a) Liverpool have spent 300million net since Klopp joined, we’ve spent 480 million net in far less time under Arteta and b) whilst money is the biggest driving factor in success, in order for that to translate into success it needs to be spent the right way.

With the money we’ve spent as a club, our ambition should be limitless not just being pathetically grateful that we are back in the top four. But ultimately you have to ask yourself this, do you think we can win the premier league title and the European cup under Arteta, if the answer is no then you have to ask yourself why the hesitancy to say maybe we do need to look at other coaches to move us forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem is Arteta is trying to emulate what has made Man City and to a lesser extent Liverpool successful.

What he should be doing is providing an adaptation of what made Arsenal successful. And take away Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and the defenders we had. Our success was built around our central midfield be it Vieira and Petit or Vieira and Gilberto. Everything we did that allowed us to take teams apart was predicated on having those two defenders that could very quickly transition defence into attack. You can say football has moved on since then but I don’t think it has, and until we come as close to replicating that kind of partnership in midfield we are just becoming a poor imitation of clubs that have had more recent success