0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should keep Giroud....there is no point letting him go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Atleti win the title and the CL and Costa stays. Why would he want to go elsewhere under those conditions?

Oh yes - cash. Forgot about that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loads of reports linking us with Aurier now, £10m bid, and here he is:

Seems he's a fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The Chavs can have Costa. He's a better player than Giroud but not really what we need. Would he get 30 goals a season for us in the EPL?. More likely to get 30 red cards,

Should 30 goals in the league alone be a reasonable expectation? If you mean in the league and the domestic cups then yes, I can easily see Costa getting 20 league goals and 10 in the cups. Adebayor once got 25 in the league for us for a little perspective.

I wonder how much criticism of Costa there will be if he wins the Spanish league and CL with his club.... For a guy who has performed as remarkably as he has done with what is a relatively reasonable price tag on his head just north of 30 million, he gets an awful lot of stick.

Clearly Chelsea would be an issue if we seriously targeted him but I find it amazing that so many think he would not be worth the gamble.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Loads of reports linking us with Aurier now, £10m bid, and here he is:

Seems he's a fan
    Eboue's back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHO?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we want to show ambition and really go for the title then we should look no further than Coleman, he would be a great buy. Buying some unknown from the French league would show the club have still not moved on from their cheapskate days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Should 30 goals in the league alone be a reasonable expectation? If you mean in the league and the domestic cups then yes, I can easily see Costa getting 20 league goals and 10 in the cups. Adebayor once got 25 in the league for us for a little perspective.

I wonder how much criticism of Costa there will be if he wins the Spanish league and CL with his club.... For a guy who has performed as remarkably as he has done with what is a relatively reasonable price tag on his head just north of 30 million, he gets an awful lot of stick.

Clearly Chelsea would be an issue if we seriously targeted him but I find it amazing that so many think he would not be worth the gamble.
    30 goals total, which is not beyond a top striker, Giroud has 21, overall I hear, and we mostly think hes inadequate. My fear for Costa is not that he's no good but the dogshit refs in the EPL will target him like flies because he is abrasive by nature.....They would love to pick up on the narrative of how many red cards Wenger has accumulated....Whats the point of a CF if he's banned all the time, We need a wily, fast striker like we missed with. Higuain or maybe could still get with Benzema or Balotelli...another card magnet, but with a higher ceiling than Costa and still young. Not knocking Costas abilities, he would improve us no doubt,,,if he stays on the pitch.

The great thing about Athletico is that they function as a team. Its not just about Costa. I really love what Simeone has done there. They will simply replace him with another striker and keep moving on.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 05-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    If we want to show ambition and really go for the title then we should look no further than Coleman, he would be a great buy. Buying some unknown from the French league would show the club have still not moved on from their cheapskate days.
    Coleman would be a great buy....3 years ago. Now he would cost 20m or more...Not worth it in my opinion...we need to spend the big bucks elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Coleman would be a great buy....3 years ago. Now he would cost 20m or more...Not worth it in my opinion...we need to spend the big bucks elsewhere.
    He's only 25 and has loads of experience in the league. Will only get better and would add so much to our attacking side.