User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac and HCZ Sitting in a Tree...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac and HCZ Sitting in a Tree...

Quite possibly but if anyone does I actually do think it will be Nwaneri but I'm going Lewis-Skelly in the hope he'll displace Zin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway the way we're handling this transfer window, and the way contrastingly Liverpool and Villa are handling it, tells me we'll struggle even for second this season

Eddie and Ram should have been done by now and we should be celebrating at least one new attacking signing

Arteta as usual is wanting to hang on to players he won't even use and he and Edu are overpricing players we should be desperate to get out the door

Meanwhile Zin is now back in the first team and Jesus at 9, displacing Havertz, both of these actions are extremely detrimental to the team

Guardiola can't be able to believe how successfully he's managed to sabotage Arsenal through exploiting Arteta's naivety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Anyway the way we're handling this transfer window, and the way contrastingly Liverpool and Villa are handling it, tells me we'll struggle even for second this season

Eddie and Ram should have been done by now and we should be celebrating at least one new attacking signing

Arteta as usual is wanting to hang on to players he won't even use and he and Edu are overpricing players we should be desperate to get out the door

Meanwhile Zin is now back in the first team and Jesus at 9, displacing Havertz, both of these actions are extremely detrimental to the team

Guardiola can't be able to believe how successfully he's managed to sabotage Arsenal through exploiting Arteta's naivety
    Villa who have lost Diaby and Luiz over the summer, and brought in Onana and a bunch of players who have largely either unknown or have been plying their trade in the championship. They aren’t going to finish top four let alone above us.

Liverpool haven’t signed anyone, and Zubimendi has opted to stay at Real Sociedad rather than move there.

Dont get me wrong Im disappointed with this window, but I’m not massively surprised given the state of the market in general and the fact that we needed to sell in order to buy. And that we needed to make some money on these player sales as well (thus why we are at loggerheads with Marseille over a fee). Plus it’s a bit schizoid of people here to complain that we sell players too cheap and then complain we are haggling too much.

Zinchenko ? The irony is that you bring him up in conversation even when no one else mentions the cunt to opine on how terrible he is, yet you expect another club to want to take him off our hands
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 13-08-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't even tried to sell Zin AFAIK, I think other clubs would def sign him, provided we don't hold on to him too long, this summer would have been a good time, another club (assuming it would have any sense) would play him as a midfielder. I admit at that point Arteta has greatly devalued him in playing him in a position for which he he totally and utterly unqualified but surely someone could see through that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't even tried to sell Zin AFAIK, I think other clubs would def sign him, provided we don't hold on to him too long, this summer would have been a good time, another club (assuming it would have any sense) would play him as a midfielder. I admit at that point Arteta has greatly devalued him in playing him in a position for which he he totally and utterly unqualified but surely someone could see through that
    You mean the same position he played in for Man City and plays for in the national side. Yes he has versatility but his first position is the inverted full back.

Plus I would think if Arteta wanted to keep him as anything more than a squad option he wouldn’t have signed California (predictive text keeps changing it to that and actually it’s not a bad nickname).

But the point I'm making stands regardless, if you think he’s that terrible why would any club in their right mind want to buy him. I’d be happy for us to sell Gabriel Jesus but the fact is no one is going to buy a player that a) is becoming increasingly injury prone b) isn’t scoring goals and c) is on ridiculous wages.

Our lineup against Lyon suggests he’s also going to be more of a squad option with Havertz being the first choice front man (which apart from anything else is the admission that it was ridiculous playing him in midfield).

I think we clearly need to sign a midfielder and a striker (a winger would be a bonus but actually I think like yourself that Vieira would work well as a backup on the right). I read that we don’t have much worry with FSR, but I can’t see how we don’t given our net spend even with a pretty well balanced wage bill. Plus it’s relative, no I don’t think we are in danger the way Newcastle and Villa are (Villa I think had no choice but to sell Diaby and Luiz) but I think there’s not much elbow room and we have to operate with caution. Thus why we are bartering with Sociedad over Merino (they don’t want to sell, we don’t want to overpay thus an impasse)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's lots of bad players that clubs sign, i'm more interested that Man City were prepared to sell him to a PL rival than that they bought him In the first place

They also bought Kalvin Phillips after all so even Pep makes duff signings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's lots of bad players that clubs sign, i'm more interested that Man City were prepared to sell him to a PL rival than that they bought him In the first place

They also bought Kalvin Phillips after all so even Pep makes duff signings...
    Not the point I was making but still

I’m saying that Arteta isn’t singularly devaluing him by playing him at left back because that’s where he played for Man City and at international level.

Plus Guardiola signed him as a youngster from the Russian league, where any deficiencies in his game could be explained away by him being raw. It’s a very different proposition from signing 27/28 year old on big wages who has been a first team fixture at Arsenal and has been dropped for poor performances. It’s less of an attractive prospect than a 25 year old squad player who liked to get forward when he was used at city.

In a market where everyone has to tighten their belts and the days of going berserk are over unless you’re Chelsea, it’s hard to find suitors for players that we deem surplus to requirements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't hard if you accept, as Arteta and Edu should, that £20-odd million for a striker who can't get himself into the game or score (very often) when he does is a perfectly good price to get him off the books

Eddie.should be at Marseille by now but we've fucked it up

Ram and Nelson should be gone too, people are queueing up for Ram in particular but Arteta wants to keep him to play in the 3rd roumd of the league cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s less about not accepting his value and more about needing more money for him in order to balance out any potential purchase of a striker (the difference of €3-5 million Euros can make all the difference when trying to show we aren’t making consistent big losses)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some money is better than no money, which is where we're. ending up

Anyway if it wasn't me making this argument you'd probably be making it yourself