0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 1-1 Brighton Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Raya 7.5 - Once again without him we’d have lost

White 6 - Gets caught far too far up the pitch

Saliba 7 - Solid

Gabriel 5 - Poor again, too easily outmuscled for their goal

Timber 5 - Can’t win headers

Partey 4 - Completely gone as a player, no passing ability, no engine

Rice 5 - Yes sending off was harsh, but he’s not a number 8 and it’s not helping us him being there

Odegaard 5.5 - Wasteful in good positions

Trossard 6 - Largely isolated

Havertz 7.5 - Could have done better when put through on goal, but lovely lobbed finish…didn’t do much wrong today

Saka 7.5 - Has been our best player this season, overworked

Subs

Califiori 6 - Don’t see anything special about him

Martinelli 5 - Didn’t have the chance to do anything as we were sat so deep

Zinchenko 5 - Fortunately didn’t see much of the ball

Given we are a team of defenders and defensive midfielders because that’s the way Arteta wants it, it seems bizarre to me that even with ten men that Minteh has an apalling amount of time and space to latch onto a pass from Lewis Dunk. They created despite the pace, possession and man advantage very little because of how deep we were sitting, but then they should have beaten us when they opened us up in an embarrassingly easy way.

Not sure what the purpose of a player like Jurrien Timber is, I think Gabriel is flirting with being dropped…not had a single competent game this season. Maybe if we played a proper full back and stopped all this inverted bollocks we actually would have a proper outlet on the left.

Partey reminds me of my cousins blind, deaf senile border collie with fucked back legs, not suffering but doesn’t really know what’s going on….would be kinder to euthanise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubbish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odegaard was by far the worst player on that pitch. Also none of the forward players deserve more than a 6.

Raya again MOTM...no one came close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree…I thought both Havertz and Saka played well. The problem is our attacks are always hyper focused on the right hand side. As Mac pointed out in another post, Trossard on the rare occasion he saw the ball actually produced a decent cross that Odegaard wasted.

The problem was that he didn’t see that much of the ball. I marked the defence and defensive midfielders down because even with ten men, the Brighton goal was utterly avoidable….and it wasn’t the only time they opened us up like that. Not tracking runners properly….not congesting the pitch. We should have been able to close the game out even with Rice’s sending off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Raya 7.5 - Once again without him we’d have lost

White 6 - Gets caught far too far up the pitch

Saliba 7 - Solid

Gabriel 5 - Poor again, too easily outmuscled for their goal

Timber 5 - Can’t win headers

Partey 4 - Completely gone as a player, no passing ability, no engine

Rice 5 - Yes sending off was harsh, but he’s not a number 8 and it’s not helping us him being there

Odegaard 5.5 - Wasteful in good positions

Trossard 6 - Largely isolated

Havertz 7.5 - Could have done better when put through on goal, but lovely lobbed finish…didn’t do much wrong today

Saka 7.5 - Has been our best player this season, overworked

Subs

Califiori 6 - Don’t see anything special about him

Martinelli 5 - Didn’t have the chance to do anything as we were sat so deep

Zinchenko 5 - Fortunately didn’t see much of the ball

Given we are a team of defenders and defensive midfielders because that’s the way Arteta wants it, it seems bizarre to me that even with ten men that Minteh has an apalling amount of time and space to latch onto a pass from Lewis Dunk. They created despite the pace, possession and man advantage very little because of how deep we were sitting, but then they should have beaten us when they opened us up in an embarrassingly easy way.

Not sure what the purpose of a player like Jurrien Timber is, I think Gabriel is flirting with being dropped…not had a single competent game this season. Maybe if we played a proper full back and stopped all this inverted bollocks we actually would have a proper outlet on the left.

Partey reminds me of my cousins blind, deaf senile border collie with fucked back legs, not suffering but doesn’t really know what’s going on….would be kinder to euthanise.
    Arteta out tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinelli did very well to try and score on the break, a 7 at least for me

The whole side was hobbled by Arteta's bizarre tactics, the Califiori/Trossard sub was designed for being 1-0 up, he should have abandoned that and subbed Timber instead to give us more if a chance to retake the lead.

I'm betting City would still have gone on and won that game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

The whole side was hobbled by Arteta's bizarre tactics, the Califiori/Trossard sub was designed for being 1-0 up, he should have abandoned that and subbed Timber instead to give us more if a chance to retake the lead.

I’m betting that city never ever get that red card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

See I’ve been thinking about this, and not sure where I fall down. On balance a side that wants to win the title should be trying to go for the win even with less players on the pitch. But at same time, it can be argued that a team with the pace of Brighton could have taken us apart on the counter (arguably they did) and we lacked the squad depth or finishers to make it a worthwhile gambit.

So basically I’m saying I don’t know and I can see it both ways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the pundits comments defending the rice red card, it just shows how no one is going to stand up to the PGMOL and just let them continue ruining the game with incompetent refereeing.

Let’s take the argument that Rice should have been booked by the letter of law because he kicked the ball away. Well to start with, the ball was moving because Brighton player had already moved it forward so by letter of the law, the free kick would have had to be retaken because you can’t kick a moving ball. He also wasn’t taking the free kick in the right place as foul was further back as again defined by letter of the law. So the referee only applied one letter of the law because he actively made that choice.

Yet earlier in the game, he didn’t apply the letter of the law to Pedro when he booted the ball 40 yards away after running it out of play. By the letter of the law, there is no difference between that & Rice yet he applied two completely different standards of refereeing. Most accept it was common sense to not book Pedro but you cannot justify that now given the Rice incident.