User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the next England manager?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jurgen Klopp

2 40.00%
  • Eddie Howe

2 40.00%
  • Graham Potter

1 20.00%
  • Pep

0 0%
  • Big Sam

0 0%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New England Manager - Poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England Manager - Poll

So who do people want to be the next manager?

For me it would be Klopp hands down, although I don't know if he wil go for it

I think Eddie Howe will stay at Newcastle, Potter might well be up for it though not sure he could handle it

As for Pep, he'd be good but I don't think there's much chance of it
    Last edited by Mac76; 17-07-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the barrier to Eddie Howe is less Howe himself and more the compensation that would have to be paid to Newcastle

Klopp i think is an impossibility because I don’t think he’d ever be able to go back to Germany, it’s not Berti Vogts and Scotland it’s a completely different thing entirely

Guardiola? Well if he’s not the best paid manager in the game he’s in the top two or three. So the price would be offputting even if he was planning to leave club football for England

One suspects that the reason the FA favoured Southgate was because they are simpatico. Both risk adverse, safety first….which means Lee Carsley on the basis that he won the u21 European championship (I think?) and he’s familiar with the set up. I understand he’s more attack minded than Southgate but ultimately, the big draw back is not having the experience of handling big name players.

Graham Potter? More used to working in paint by number set ups where he is the head coach and all the setup is there for him like with Brighton.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 17-07-2024 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went Howe. I'm not wed to the idea of an English manager, but I would prefer it.
    And Klopp has said he's taking a break from football so isn't an option right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love Klopp but it just isn’t going to happen.

Eddie Howe is the best English coach so you’d think he’s a front runner. The risk he needs to think about though is if it were to go pear shaped. Once upon a time Steve McLaren was highly regarded but his reputation was destroyed beyond all repair after England.

I think we will certainly be expected to win the Euros on home soil in 4 years and a strong World Cup showing will also be considered a bare minimum for 2026. So for whoever comes in I don’t think there’s any room for error or processes here, they need to win or they’ll
    be seen as a failure, so that’s huge pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://x.com/thenewsagents/status/1...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

I noticed that the most full throated defence of Southgate came from the smug middle class liberal set. The real harm of Brexit is the harm it’s done to these peoples psyches. They have become so disillusioned that the rose tinted view they had of Britain within the confines of their croissant and cappuccino filled bubble has been disabused, that they have a narcotic need to cling on to these utterly vapid notions of inclusivity as if they have any meaning.

The England football team isn’t exactly multi racial anyway, you’re either black or white and ultimately it doesn’t matter because the first order importance is that you’re English. This is the same vapid “Be Kind” wooliness that people use when perverts wear skirts and go into the ladies with their John Thomas hanging out underneath the skirt like it’s a light cord.

Plus none of it’s actually relevant to the job.

Plus it’s acting as if somehow the last England manager had the black players in chains as galley slaves in a giant rowing vessel ferrying them between tournaments whilst an omnious drum is being banged.

Empty and platitudinous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the choice for Woy ?

Allardyce has no chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Where is the choice for Woy ?

Allardyce has no chance.
    I’d like to see Big Sam just for the Not Big Sam Twitter profile to get a new lease of life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://x.com/thenewsagents/status/1...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

I noticed that the most full throated defence of Southgate came from the smug middle class liberal set. The real harm of Brexit is the harm it’s done to these peoples psyches. They have become so disillusioned that the rose tinted view they had of Britain within the confines of their croissant and cappuccino filled bubble has been disabused, that they have a narcotic need to cling on to these utterly vapid notions of inclusivity as if they have any meaning.

The England football team isn’t exactly multi racial anyway, you’re either black or white and ultimately it doesn’t matter because the first order importance is that you’re English. This is the same vapid “Be Kind” wooliness that people use when perverts wear skirts and go into the ladies with their John Thomas hanging out underneath the skirt like it’s a light cord.

Plus none of it’s actually relevant to the job.

Plus it’s acting as if somehow the last England manager had the black players in chains as galley slaves in a giant rowing vessel ferrying them between tournaments whilst an omnious drum is being banged.

Empty and platitudinous
    I think NQ has hacked HCZ's account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Skysports the FA are considering Ange Postecoglou on the shortlist for the England job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    According to Skysports the FA are considering Ange Postecoglou on the shortlist for the England job.
    Four more years of hurt...

Have they not got the message about Spuds and serial failure yet?

Seriously the fat aussie is just as bad as Southgate in that he only has one way of playing and is far too naive to win a major international tournament
    Last edited by Mac76; 18-07-2024 at 09:03 AM.