User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Brighton (FA Cup 4th Round)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Brighton (FA Cup 4th Round)

Three good goals in amongst some horrendously sloppy and amateurish football in the final third. Still should have been a simple win by about four clear goals, even if they did score from their only two chances.

It's torture watching Flamini play and Chambers is just not suited to playing RB in the long term at all. Ozil slowed everything down as usual and Theo was dreadful apart from the goal. WUMger reverted back to playing the no-shape, raggedy, slow, no-purpose football that has blighted most of our season. We can only stupidly hope that this was a blip and we return to the football we have played over the previous three games where it looked like we had some sort of identity again.

Rosicky was the only one who gave our play any momentum.

Cambridge at home in the next round please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with everything MS.

Ozil slowed us down everytime and gave the ball away a lot, flamini is a nothing player and coq done more than him in the 10 mins he was on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made much harder work of that than we needed to! I'm very glad we've got away from the game without a reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key players who performed so well last week rightfully punished and dismissed to the bench. The defence that did such a good job pocketing Silva and Aguero correctly dumped in a blender and randomly spat out. We've managed to nip this momentum in the bud before it got out of hand. Good job Wenger.

Yes we won and yes the goals were decent. But there's no feeling at all we are advancing step by step, for every good result there's an inexplicable mess concocted by the manager. That Brighton team was awful and it would have been a major fuck up had we not won that game. But why do we make the straightforward so complicated? It's as if Wenger can't tolerate stability. He's got to be the most frustrating man in football.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One step closer to #12 and I'm £180 richer.

Time for a beer tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    One step closer to #12 and I'm £180 richer.

Time for a beer tbf.
    Wish I had a beer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to revert back to the Man City line up for next game, with maybe Rosicky in for Ramsey and Gibbs to keep his place.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see what the big fuss is about tbh. It was Brighton's cup final and whilst they were terrible in the first half, they played the game of their lives in the second.

Given yesterday's results all that mattered was getting through. Ozil and Theo were playing their first full games in a while and so understandably looked rusty. Flamini once again demonstrated why he has no place in the team and makes us thank the lucky stars for Coquelin. Ramsey was decent - hope his injury isn't serious.

Rosicky was MoTM easily. The likes of Ozil and Jack could learn so much from him. I hope Wenger continues giving him one year contracts ala Dennis ........ his experience to the squad is invaluable.

Doesn't matter how we win, as long as we win and get through there's no disruption to our recent growth of confidence so I don't see that being an issue. We're fighting on three fronts now - that's what squads are for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see this. Read the report and saw Brighton had two shots on target. I checked the team sheet and sure enough it was Chesney in goal.

Maybe he had no chance on either, but he never pulls of a showstopper save and it it always sems that x shots on target = x goals when he is in.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    apalling defending for both goals, szczesny not at fault for either but made absolutely no attempt to save the first one.....hopefully Ospina back between the posts next sunday.

Sloppiness at the back when we've seen that we are capable of so much better