User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When we beat United on Wednesday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we beat United on Wednesday...

Worst case scenario would be 1 point off the top.

You can lose all the so-called "big games" and still win the league.

Today's a big blow but in the scheme of things we've won 1/lost 1 against Liverpool.

When we beat United optimism will be up again and we can focus on having a decent chance at winning the league again.
    Formerly known as Cygan's Mother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if we beat uNITED I very much doubt we can afford to lose the games against City and Chelsea and still finish top. I think we will do very well to finish 3rd this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not winning the league I don't care what anyone says, this team doesn't have what it takes under the current management, we've got a proven record.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether we're going for the league or not is irrelevant, it's just a game we have to win by any which way now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not going to win the league though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do need a response to Liverpool. We've responded so far in the recent past. This is something that ought not be too testing, but with that monkey on our back, it will be a bigger challenge.

A draw won't be good enough - it has to be a win. And I'm not even talking about the title here, we aren't winning that, but we need to keep moving forward, because as miserable as the Liverpool result is today, we are moving in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This mini run of tough games is nothing compared to what we have next month.

The seeds of the collapse have been planted and today has washed away any belief I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Even if we beat uNITED I very much doubt we can afford to lose the games against City and Chelsea and still finish top. I think we will do very well to finish 3rd this season.
    You can afford to lose against City and Chelsea if you beat lesser teams and they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We're not winning the league I don't care what anyone says, this team doesn't have what it takes under the current management, we've got a proven record.
    The odds are against us but you'd be a fool to say we have no chance at all.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    That's the spirit Zimm. It amazes me why you never went into football management with that sort of positive attitude to inspire the troops.

Anyway a win against United (our bogey team for ages) is now a must win. The title is looking unlikely as we've got hard fixtures to come but it's still a realistic possiblity. Let's not all just throw away all the good work we've done up to now on the basis of one terrible result.